Need a little Jcb 3d help

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
corpse88

Need a little Jcb 3d help

Post #1 by corpse88 » Sun May 26, 2013 3:11 pm

Hey :)

After looking around the net I thought I would ask here as you guys seem to be the best at helping newbies with problems !

I need a little help identifying a part on a 3d I have inherited from my dad after he passed away, the cav fuel pump is attached to it & by the looks of it, also the little fan type thing inside it.
It's got a spout to put some sort of liquid & I would like to know if anyone could help me in finding out what it is and what, if any liquid goes in it !

I have attached a picture to help (or at least tried as I'm using my phone lol) it's the bit at the top of the pic with the spout half off

Thanks in advance !

Luke
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martyn williams

Re: Need a little Jcb 3d help

Post #2 by martyn williams » Sun May 26, 2013 3:37 pm

thats the drive gear for the injection pump,
Martyn

Green Dragon

Post #3 by Green Dragon » Sun May 26, 2013 4:01 pm

Easy access to fill engine oil?? Kubota have similar set up with 2 fill points.

agrimax
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by agrimax » Sun May 26, 2013 4:33 pm

You say 3D.Is it actually a 3D''X''? That looks like a Perkins to me,with the pump on the left,as opposed to the old 3D with BMC engine and the pump on the rhs.That would explain the engine oil filler above the pump drive gear.
Are you removing or refitting the pump btw?

Topic author
corpse88

Post #5 by corpse88 » Sun May 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Thanks for all the responses :)

I have no idea to be honest, it just has 3D on the side, above rear wheels.
The pump is on the LHS and the hand pump is on the RHS if that tells you anything lol
I am just putting it all back together, it has not be taken off. It had a fuel problem where, if I can remember correctly, there was no fuel coming out the pipes going to the bottom of the injectors & it was going to be taken off but it was never finished, just had the pipes removed.

I was just putting it back together to see where to start from to get it running again :)

Thanks again

agrimax
Flag: Great Britain

Post #6 by agrimax » Sun May 26, 2013 6:40 pm

If there is no fuel going to the injectors,when you get it together again,first check for fuel getting from the filters via the lift pump,to the actual injector pump. Check the little gauze filter in the inlet end of the pump.Be careful picking it out of the hole with a little hook, as the valve is easily upset and the engine will not start if it is not put back in in the correct order.If and when you get fuel coming from both bleed screws on the pump,when cranking the engine or pumping the lift pump,but still nothing at the injectors, try tapping the top of the inj pump.Also check if the spindle that the stop lever is mounted on, on top of the inj pump ,is actually turning.The hole on the lever sometimes becomes so worn that when moved,the spindle doesn't inside,thus pump stays shut off.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”