Surely this isn't jcbs new colour scheme

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Re: Surely this isn't jcbs new colour scheme

Post #11 by FOWLER MAN » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:02 pm

Joes1989 wrote:Js excavators really aren't as bad as people say from what I've experienced!!!!

I used to run a JS110 and a JS160 and I couldn't realy fault either of them.
Fred

IBH

Post #12 by IBH » Fri May 11, 2012 4:51 pm

grant wrote:Spotted this Jcb on ams auctions site on jcbs annual sale hopefully they don't make this there new colour scheme looks cheap like a cat https://www.i-bidder.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/ams-auctions/catalogue-id-2656/lot-1320029

I'm 99% sure I saw this machine or one just like it on a lowloader heading down the M5, near Gloucester today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FordsonMajor

Post #13 by FordsonMajor » Sat May 12, 2012 6:34 am

Yes chaps, thats the new colour scheme, seen a few of them being carted on lorries here in Aus. Sad really, think it looks ugly compared to the '82 white cab i grew up around.
Enfield Logic: Who cares if the Mauser can handle a stronger cartridge? While you're still working you're Mauser action to make up for you're miss, my 2nd round is already there.

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #14 by Joes1989 » Sat May 12, 2012 7:43 am

Must be the new Aussie colours then coz I've seen no end on new ecos being transported lately to dealers etc and none of them have this colour scheme!

Jeremy Rowland

Post #15 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat May 12, 2012 10:08 am

Just my own opinion here but I always think it's a complete and utter disaster when large and famous manufacturer's start altering the livery of their products, it would be far more interesting to see the bog standard old livery's maintained with a few "one off's" and specials in a different livery.
What many manufacturer's forget is that people always associate their particular product with their particular colour scheme and logo and to change these can be disasterous; one company that was both brave and very successful in re-inventing themselves was Skoda and instead of re-branding under a new logo they actually took a very light hearted look at for want of better words "how crap" their old products were and how people used to mock them and then said "well yes look at us now you cannot believe that car is a Skoda?"
Okay so Volkswagon had taken over Skoda but even so it was a very skillful way of re-marketing what had been a product that people used to mock and the point I am making here is that Volkswagon could of opted to drop the Skoda brand name and/or logo but decided not to and all due credit to them to.

I used to love the 1960's/1970's JCB livery and logo's the yellow machines with the red buckets and wheels looked awesome along with the original JCB logo, I also thought it was both cheap and poor when Hymac stopped using the cast alloy nameplate on the boom of their machines in the mid 70's and started using that horrible large sticker across the boom!
And as for Snickers sorry that should be Marathon need I say anymore................... :lol:

Jeremy

mambo

Post #16 by mambo » Sat May 12, 2012 10:51 am

OMG Jeremy you'll be saying you preferred Mars bars when they were twice the size and only cost 12p next :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

usedjcbdave

Post #17 by usedjcbdave » Sat May 12, 2012 9:49 pm

mambo wrote:OMG Jeremy you'll be saying you preferred Mars bars when they were twice the size and only cost 12p next :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Maltesers used to be a FULL packet ! :lol:

mambo

Post #18 by mambo » Sat May 12, 2012 9:52 pm

usedjcbdave wrote:And Maltesers used to be a FULL packet ! :lol:

dont you mean BOX! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeremy Rowland

Post #19 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun May 13, 2012 9:13 am

mambo wrote:
usedjcbdave wrote:And Maltesers used to be a FULL packet ! :lol:

dont you mean BOX! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes :lol: :lol: :lol: Mind I bet you did not know that particular idea of shrinking down products came from the USA and was loosly referred to as "the ray of shrinking" In simple terms manufacturer's give you less product to save themselves money and to stop them from having to put the price up :x

Oh well off me soap box now :lol: :lol:

Jeremy

Mark.Rive

Post #20 by Mark.Rive » Sun May 13, 2012 6:33 pm

I have to agree with Jeremy here. Dropping the old logo and making your machine look like a cat is not the way to go :thumbdown: Attached is a picture of how a JCB should look :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”