wotcha I'm after new seals

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
mickmtb

wotcha I'm after new seals

Post #1 by mickmtb » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:28 pm

hi every one
I have a 3c mk111 with leaking rams I'm looking for new seals CHEAP
Can any one tell me if the main seal re (number off seal ) sm262200-axs theres also polypac se lemaster. are these the same seal for all the 2" ram's ?
Are these seals ok for bio degradeable oil or will they degrade

cheers
Mick

Mark.Rive

Re: wotcha I'm after new seals

Post #2 by Mark.Rive » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi Mick, welcome on board :thumbup: For me here in Guernsey I've found Diggerparts.net the cheapest including the postage, and they use paypal which saves a lot of hassle. If you let me know which seals you need I'll get you the JCB part numbers. For info just got a bucket ram seal kit for a 3DIII, It was a tad over 10 quid delivered. Which I thought was good, no doubt someone will be along in a minute and tell us they can get them for a fiver :doh: Cheers Mark

smithhymac
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by smithhymac » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:09 pm

mark, thats cheap! I'm using the old period chevron seals for my JCB 3 and they worked out far more expensive but the seals mick needs will be seal master, easy to locate!

Julian

Post #4 by Julian » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:16 pm

I don't know if there's anything special about JCB stuff or if they use generic seals. I did the seals on a ram on my digger a few years ago and just got them from HTS in Manchester http://www.a.andywhiteheadgallery.co.uk/about%20us.html They just measured them up - ram seals, PTFE backing rings, dust seals, bronze rubbing bushes etc and fetched them off the shelf. Not an expensive exercise, contrary to what I was expecting!

HTS has a 'girl' at the trade counter who is worth her weight in gold :-)

Julian.

Topic author
mickmtb

Post #5 by mickmtb » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:21 pm

nice one lads
I rang digger parts and need to wait for a call back, my local engineering supplier quoted me just under £12 each but of course thats just one seal. I have a parts book yet theres no flipping part numbers in it !!
So mark could you check the main seal part number to see if its the same on all the rams
my tractor number is 200258715
I'm not sure which year I think it's 1976
the thing is pretty good just scabs of rust
cheers
Mick

Mark.Rive

Post #6 by Mark.Rive » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:26 pm

mickmtb wrote:nice one lads
I rang digger parts and need to wait for a call back, my local engineering supplier quoted me just under £12 each but of course thats just one seal. I have a parts book yet theres no flipping part numbers in it !!
So mark could you check the main seal part number to see if its the same on all the rams
my tractor number is 200258715
I'm not sure which year I think it's 1976
the thing is pretty good just scabs of rust
cheers
Mick

I've found the quickest way is to fill out their on-line form, I did that one Wednesday night at around 8.00pm and got a reply straight back, with price etc. With regards to the seals, they are not the same on all the rams!
Right no messing here's all the info you will ever need. :thumbup: If you use the JCB P/No:they will cross reference, the kits are complete and good quality :thumbup: PS I dont work for them etc etc Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

harrybob2867

Post #7 by harrybob2867 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:41 pm

The lovely lady at HTS is Sally, known her for many years.

Here is some more information on the seal kits required for the JCB 3C mk3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
mickmtb

Post #8 by mickmtb » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:18 pm

mark quote I've found the quickest way is to fill out their on-line form, I did that one Wednesday night at around 8.00pm and got a reply straight back, with price etc. With regards to the seals, they are not the same on all the rams!
Right no messing here's all the info you will ever need. :thumbup: If you use the JCB P/No:they will cross reference, the kits are complete and good quality :thumbup: PS I dont work for them etc etc Mark[/quote]
hi mark
hey that's a very handy list, looks like every one else thinks so as well.
dave from digger parts rang me back
he only had one set that he said was for mine pt 991/00003 but had another three sets pn 991/0004 the center seals are the same re 2" ram just cylinder size of 4-1/2" instead of 4" so I can use some of the seals from the sets. digger parts dont have any thing else re ram seal's kits for my 3c mk111 it cost me £58 with post for the four sets, which I was happy with that he also gave me two contacts for other bits.
If the weather's not to bad in the morning I'll get the back hoe rams off one has the cap welded ffs so got to grind that weld off and hope its not been threaded

cheers
Mick

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”