hi new on here need some help with a MF 50 Diggerd from pepole that know what there talking about :)

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

MF50Dforme

Re: hi new on here need some help with a MF 50 Diggerd from pepole that know what there talking about :)

Post #11 by MF50Dforme » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:19 pm

I have owned a few 50s ( B's D's and HX's) and highly recommend them for a self build - very manoeuvrable and bags of push to fill the corners of that small bucket! The forward / back pedals should work smoothly with no jerks or "klunks" once the machine's transmission is warmed up - it depends on how hard it is working but it should be warm by 30- 40 mins. I'd give it a good trial and check that everything works as it should, but they are generally pretty reliable for an old machine.

One thing I would add to the other comments is that they can be prone to wiring loom problems - I've had two catch fire - one an hour after it was parked up! If you do buy the machine make sure that the loom isn't rubbing anywhere and keep it clean. Oh and make sure you know where the battery is (offside step) and that the bar that holds the cover on isn't seized in case you need access in a hurry :lol:.
Last edited by MF50Dforme on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
clouty

Re: hi new on here need some help with a MF 50 Diggerd from pepole that know what there talking about :)

Post #12 by clouty » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:57 pm

Thanks MF50Dforme

right well im a little bit ahead as i found the guy that used to own it before the guy that has it now he said it a good working machine only thing he said that the drive is a little sticky but once its warmed up it is fine . Any idea if this is a bad thing or something on its way out??

Jesus catch fire that scares me a bit right so check wiring top of my list :lol: :D iv been asking around and every ones telling me there good old work horses.

my sisters boyfriend already says he will buy it of me when im done wi it as he has always wanted to do one up lol!

SO what do you guys think one of these are worth??? been looking and a few of the 2wd ones are going for over 5k??

Topic author
clouty

Post #13 by clouty » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:45 pm

not been to see it yet as the guys been on call for his work.

so any one have any idea what a mf50d is worth??

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”