JCB 3c II

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
spud22

JCB 3c II

Post #1 by spud22 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:53 pm

Managed to get what I think are the serial numbers off my 3CII from the n/s front chassis. They read,

86/1462 GR 20
1:0/15001P 0705
WK 25 75 SR

The reg is KWJ 419P. Does this make sense to anyone? Also, decided to give engine a basic service before I go stump pulling. Oil no probs but the a 5 minute job to change the oil filter resulted in a mess. The old filter had broken up some what so it is going to difficult to figure out how to put it back together and I guess I'll need some parts too.

Anyway, here's my problem. Filter housing has a metal internal spring affair which sits in and on top of the paper filter, then there is a small spring and clip which I assume clips on to the filter housing bolt to keep the small spring in place in side the filter.

Problem 1, I can't see what this small spring does. It would do something if it was slid up the bolt and then then the filter? can't see it doing anything inside the filter!

Problem 2. At the base of the filter housing there was a thin metal disc and plastic disc both about 3" dia and a thin spring which came apart when I undone the filter. I have now taken the filter housing off the engine but I can't see how these 3 bits are held within the housing.

I know, all a bit complicated for oil filter change! Pleas help? Chers, Spud

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”