JCB hand throttle arrangement

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Matchless?58
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB hand throttle arrangement

Post #11 by Matchless?58 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:53 pm

Ah I had been thinking along those lines . I was trying to work out how to connect up under the floor so when you pull the hand throttle lever back it pulls down the foot throttle . I have found a bracket which just seems to be hanging from the throttle rod and ive got to figure out how this was used . It seems to have broken off from somewhere underneath and has original JCB yellow paint on it so I guess it should be there . As you say looks doable . I like to mull things over before I get stuck in and find it pays to ask and do a bit of research first . Thanks for your reply could have done with it today as I spent most of the day bent double trying to throttle up and operate the backhoe at the same time . All part of the fun I guess !

MrF
Flag: France

Post #12 by MrF » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:14 pm

The mk2 I broke had a rod throttle linkage & simms style pump, and a cable throttle between the thumb lever in the rear and the pedal itself so sounds like your on the right track.The linkage from it was butchered though so it went in the bin sadly.
I remember having to make rework my brackets for the inline pump to suit the 3c3 all one cable with two outer's arrangement as my machine had a dpa pump on the original engine.

Topic author
Matchless?58
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by Matchless?58 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:29 am

Thanks Mr F . I did order a new cable but soon realised it was completely wrong and think it would be for a 3c111 as looking at pictures the cable I got would line up perfectly . I wasted my money anyway as I have loads of old motorcycle cables that I can make one up from . Just trying to save a bit of time . I thought it would go straight on . Back to the drawing board . Cheers Chris

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”