3cx reverser

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Deutz631
Flag: Belgium

Re: 3cx reverser

Post #21 by Deutz631 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:39 pm

Matchless?58 wrote:I've got to replace the seals in one of the stabiliser legs on my 3c 11 . After looking at what you had to do to get the pins out I'm really not looking forward to it ! Looking at the way you did achieved it has given me some ideas and pointers if the pins play up . Don't think I've ever read a post on here where this job has been completed with ease . Luck of the draw I guess .

I have to do the other side too because it's goiing from sweating to dripping :think: I am also not looking forward to do it, but now at least i know how to get it out if it misbehaves. :lol:

Topic author
Deutz631
Flag: Belgium

Post #22 by Deutz631 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:41 pm

charlie2 wrote:
Deutz631 wrote:So the gearbox problem finally manifested itself.
It works fine when cold, but after it has warmed up it doesn't go into reverse.
If you let it cool down it works perfectly again and has real pushing power backwards wich leads me to believe the reverse clutch pack seems fine.
The reverse solenoid is activated when you select reverse at the lever. I checked with a magnetic field tester but they also detect small magnetic fields so if the solenoid is bad how would you test this ?

I am meaning to take the whole valve off and inspect it, because in the workshopmanual if you follow the transmission fault finder it says the solenoid valve needs looking at.
I ordered all the o-rings in august but the post has managed to loose them 3!! times after i paid the import duty 3 times .
Does anyone have any other clues to what could be goiing on?

I have also 3 questions,

How do you check the oil-level on the dipstick ? Its a 1991 grey cab synchro-shuttle. Everybody you ask has a different opinion. engine running or engine running and in forward gear. or engine not running ?

And how warm should the coolant get at working temp ? the temperature gauge goes up , stays in the green but just on the border of the orange. If i switch of the engine and feel the radiator , it's cold. Also the hoses to the radiator are cold. I replaced the waterpump , thermostat and the cap. i suspect the temperature switch might be faulty.

How do you operate the glow plugs or heater ? The ignition-key does'nt seem to have a preheat stop or anything and it is a bastard to start if it freezes.

the grey cab machine i used to drive never needed any use of a heater system but i think it was on the first or second click of the ign key, to check the shuttle oil level i just turned off the machine and quickly pulled the dipstick wiped it then put back in and checked it sraight away but i think it could also be checked with engine running as well. i think the preheater was on the inlet manifold with a wire and a small fuel pipe going to it.

There are no clicks on the ignition . It just goes from contact on when the beeper starts , straight to starting. Nothing inbetween

diggerjones
Flag: Great Britain

Post #23 by diggerjones » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:12 pm

What about turning key the opposite position

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”