Black cab 3cx

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
joeyjoe
Flag: Canada

Black cab 3cx

Post #1 by joeyjoe » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:36 am

Hi
I have a 86 black cab 3cx, when driving or stationary the rear dipper arm drops slowly. I have also noticed that when I lift the rear legs the back dipper arm lifts slowly too. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Joe

essexpete

Re: Black cab 3cx

Post #2 by essexpete » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:29 pm

I guess it must be some wear in the main spool chest. Someone with more knowledge of the set up may shed some light. If you think about how the hydraulics work the dipper creep could be a problem in more than one place. Depending on which ram you mean, it could be a gland seal. You would see an oil leak with that. If an internal piston seal is leaking I am always dubious about a lot of creep, particularly if the ram is closing. The cylinder volume on the rod side of a piston less than the non rod side. If the ram is forced to close by weight the spare oil would have to go somewhere, fluid does not compress . If the ram is creeping open) that might be different. You could, I think, get a vacuum effect.
I have a fault on a handler at the moment when sometimes the boom creeps down. It has anti burst check valves as well. The ram is closing so the volume is reducing. Where is the oil going? I think something other than the piston seals are to blame.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”