Dick Hampton's 637's in Stoke

Discuss scrapers here

Topic author
kopite

Dick Hampton's 637's in Stoke

Post #1 by kopite » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:45 pm

A couple of old pictures from 1971 (I think) of Dick Hamptons 637 scrapers. Lived in a caravan parked on a farm close to the job hence my wife in the seat of a 637. I was driving an old D8 and box stripping topsoil so never got near the motor scrapers but I remember an Indian or Pakistani man who was on one of the 637's anyone else remember him?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

poncho

Re: Dick Hampton's 637's in Stoke

Post #2 by poncho » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi again Haz. His name was Karam singh gida banalia better known as Singh. I worked with him on the m5 at Gloucester in 68 69 then on the Kenilworth by pass.He had his caravan next to mine, and he shared his amazing currys with me. He worked for Le tournau in America for a few years.I still have a beutiful belt buckle from Le tournau he was presented with.He gave it to me because he said I was his good friend.

Topic author
kopite

Post #3 by kopite » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:12 am

That would be him. I remember him as a nice man.

poncho

Post #4 by poncho » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:03 am

Hi Haz. I bet I have worked with you at some time.

mash

Post #5 by mash » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:25 pm

hi mash hear like to hear from anybody that worked on the stoke job trying to think of some of the names of the lads i see sackem a lot and the kiwi hope to hear from some of you

viking

Post #6 by viking » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:23 pm

kopite wrote:A couple of old pictures from 1971 (I think) of Dick Hamptons 637 scrapers. Lived in a caravan parked on a farm close to the job hence my wife in the seat of a 637. I was driving an old D8 and box stripping topsoil so never got near the motor scrapers but I remember an Indian or Pakistani man who was on one of the 637's anyone else remember him?

hi i was there came from seafort dock liverpool whit ts 24 scrabers then we went to devon after 7 month where i went on 637 to dick hampton sold out remember the indians , and can u remember CAMBEL he tryed to get ajob on site but was trubble 3 weeks later he killed 2 women in manchester then came back to stoke and put head on railway line . nmy name is verner big tony was on the d9 pusher graham was on 637 and peter scofield was my mate regard verner alias viking

poncho

Post #7 by poncho » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi Verner. Poncho this end, I am in touch with Peter Scourfield he is harbour master at saundersfoot south wales I keep my boat in his harbour. I will be staying with him this week end, my son and I are hoping the weather will be good enough to do some fishing. the webmasters email says you have left a message for me, Im still trying to find it.

Dowsett Boy

Post #8 by Dowsett Boy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:03 pm

hi i was there came from seafort dock liverpool whit ts 24 scrabers then we went to devon after 7 month where i went on 637 to dick hampton sold out remember the indians , and can u remember CAMBEL he tryed to get ajob on site but was trubble 3 weeks later he killed 2 women in manchester then came back to stoke and put head on railway line . nmy name is verner big tony was on the d9 pusher graham was on 637 and peter scofield was my mate regard verner alias viking[/quote]

Was this the same Peter Scofield who was on the M20 cant remember if it was for Tarmacs or Dowsetts as a slasher .He had very dark hair and was from South Wales.

viking

Post #9 by viking » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Dowsett Boy wrote:hi i was there came from seafort dock liverpool whit ts 24 scrabers then we went to devon after 7 month where i went on 637 to dick hampton sold out remember the indians , and can u remember CAMBEL he tryed to get ajob on site but was trubble 3 weeks later he killed 2 women in manchester then came back to stoke and put head on railway line . nmy name is verner big tony was on the d9 pusher graham was on 637 and peter scofield was my mate regard verner alias viking

Was this the same Peter Scofield who was on the M20 cant remember if it was for Tarmacs or Dowsetts as a slasher .He had very dark hair and was from South Wales.[/quote] yeas i think it is

mash

Post #10 by mash » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:15 pm

hi tony i came from seaforth dock to stoke trying to place you can you remember tommy lamb and sackem i was on the d4 i remember cambell he lived in the caravan below me i landed up with grahams brother finnishing off the m56 trying to think off all the other lads i worked with ill let you know when i can remember.

Return to “Scrapers”