dick hampton scrabers in the 70 tis

Discuss scrapers here

mash

Re: dick hampton scrabers in the 70 tis

Post #21 by mash » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:28 pm

hi this is the mash i see sackem most weeks we both live in stoke just started on the net be nice to hear from workmates from dick hampton of old

johnnies11

Post #22 by johnnies11 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:52 pm

mash wrote:hi this is the mash i see sackem most weeks we both live in stoke just started on the net be nice to hear from workmates from dick hampton of old

hi mash it's taffy worked on m5 637 add me johnnies11

mash

Post #23 by mash » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:34 pm

hi taffy mash here nice to hear from you i'm trying to work out whitch taffy you are as i knew two taffys one on the m5 gloucester and the other one on the m5 taunton hope to hear from you again

johnnies11

Post #24 by johnnies11 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

have got great photo of you on 631 taunton i was on637 also worked seaforth in touch with doug royal

poncho

Post #25 by poncho » Mon May 09, 2011 12:38 am

Hi young Mash. remember me Poncho . I worked with you on the m5 and taunton. remember the top soil heap at upton st leonards where we tried to push each other off the heap with tractor and boxes. then you went on a d4 top soiling batters. hope you remember Liverpool. I have a photo of you with the big sideburns leaning on my Austin A35. Hope you remember speak to you soon.

mash

Post #26 by mash » Tue May 24, 2011 4:48 pm

hi taffy mash here just got my laptop repaired it would be nice to see the photo, are you still living down wales sackum asks how your getting on, poncho is trying to find out about johnny lylyk but i'm sure something happened on the taunton job because there was afew accidents on that job. mash

johnnies11

Post #27 by johnnies11 » Thu May 26, 2011 11:49 am

only been on this site couple months

johnnies11

Post #28 by johnnies11 » Thu May 26, 2011 11:53 am

remeber accident when kiwi run over hillman imp

McGrath

Post #29 by McGrath » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:26 pm

Re Dick Hamptons 637s, , they were delivered new to the M4 at Newbury in 71 if I recall rightly. They were in fact late, some problems State side, and Bowmakers loaned four 657s ex Frenches untill they arrived. They were the first in the country and ofcourse caosed a lot of intrest, particularly as they all had push/pull. The drivers included Dick's son Steven. I always thought they were a bit of a disapointment, with the back engine seeming to be underpowered and the gears fighting with the front. As you say they went on to Stoke. Wasn't Chris Chaplin there with the shout? Hpe this is of intrest

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #30 by tctractors » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Chris, I live just by the M5-M50 and all my life have worked or been involved with Ex Hampton drivers and mechanics, Ashton Reece's last job was on the M50 before he was killed in Hong Kong (I think its correct) Gordon Kyte was made the service manager at Marubeni Komatsu, the sadly late Arthur Toon (the goon) did work for Britannia Plant for years finaly moving south and running a small hotel, Mad Freddy Compton (I liked him a good old stick) also sadly died, Farmer John (John Higgins) is still sucking roll-ups and driving on a few sites local (Tewkesbury Cheltenham)still swears and drinks like a good-un, Nevil Folly Albert Goodall and Gordon Richards (nobby) are all now in a better place "God rest their Souls" as I loved to work with them as they would say the craick was good at Crickalwood, Bob Jeans is also with them on the big Muck Shift, I am starting to upset myself now so best I get off and think about the ones that are still about, I hope you can spot a few names of old work mates in my script.

Blowing it on tctractors

Return to “Scrapers”