A few old classics

Discuss scrapers here

Topic author
bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

A few old classics

Post #1 by bigkit » Fri May 15, 2009 10:30 pm

I still use these whenever I can.......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nick Drew

Re: A few old classics

Post #2 by Nick Drew » Fri May 15, 2009 10:34 pm

Some great pics there Clive !!

Thanks for sharing ...Could you give us a bit of background info on the machines featured ??

Nick

Topic author
bigkit

Post #3 by bigkit » Fri May 15, 2009 11:12 pm

The first dozer is my D7G (92V8370) which I lovingly tidied up over the past couple of years. Its been completely blasted and painted, serviced, glazed and repaired. I bought her from Ivan Pilcher who had it for several years who previously bought it from Toby Taylor who had it new. Its got the 3306 engine, 200hp and goes lovely. I had to find a blade for it. That was not so simple though with much perseverence I found one, and thats a story! It had a winch and with a little tinkering it was fine. Its towing a Birtly made CAT70 serial B3W205 dated 26th July 1952. This was amazingly complete with matching tyres though in need of major TLC. It got it, my wife did n't for sometime! The machine did quite a bit last year but been standing since October.

The next machine is my D4HLGP (9DB01728) which I've had for 10 years. She needs a little paint but she's in A1 condition.

The next is Steve Burgess's D8H 68A. Dont be fooled by the lay down exhaust its been modified and runs much better. The picture is of Steve giving his son some tuition pulling a 463.

The last monster is a Track Marshall 55, 1966. This is an "ag" spec machine and I restored it in 2006 and put on the hydraulic gear. Its towing a restored (by me from scrap) International B695 hydraulic box of about 41/2 yards which was sold under the Stirling name. The box was originally purchased to go behind my D4H which it did but it was n't a good match.

RichardJW~

Post #4 by RichardJW~ » Sat May 16, 2009 5:50 am

spot on Clive!!!

John Gaunt

Post #5 by John Gaunt » Sat May 16, 2009 7:23 am

Great pictures, Clive, and well restored machines clearly still well able to earn their keep !
Last edited by John Gaunt on Sat May 16, 2009 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rolyd8k

Post #6 by Rolyd8k » Sat May 16, 2009 8:48 am

some great pictures Clive,and the 70 box is a good combination for the D7G,sporting
one of the best engines cat ever made the 3306,small world though as i sold Ivan
the winch for that tractor,he once told me he would never sell the D7G as his son
Harvey would carry on with it,real nice chap is Ivan,first time i met him was at
Ambrose sale where he out bid me on the first 463 that was sold and came over and
apologized,i told him dont worry mate theres more,and i bought the next one,i guess
you must know Martin Atkins of A & P services,a great fitter :thumbs_up:

Topic author
bigkit

Post #7 by bigkit » Sat May 16, 2009 9:29 am

Hi Roly

Yep its a small world! I've known martin for several years and I know him very well. He does quite a few odd bits for me, i dont know of a better local cat fitter. He often speaks about you, in admiration of your 8's. Nice to catch up with u at last. Oh, Ivan only sold the 7 becausr he repalced it with another with a modular rops cab. He bought that with no blade and swapped the one from mine to the new one. Hence my search for a replacement. :thumbs_up:

nick lamb

Post #8 by nick lamb » Sat May 16, 2009 3:06 pm

Very nice D7 Clive.You don't see many of them about for some reason.I can recall Levack's ran a couple of 7G and boxes,Wards and Kevin Morgan had or still has a couple of D7G LGP machines.Nice 68A too.
keep the pics coming. :thumbs_up:

DaveS

Post #9 by DaveS » Sat May 16, 2009 3:35 pm

Great to see kit in that condition!

I & H Brown also ran D7s, but on a box they never seemed 'right' - maybe down to operators though, despite them being 'of a certain age'! :D

grahamgrigg

Post #10 by grahamgrigg » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:03 pm

Rolyd8k wrote:some great pictures Clive,and the 70 box is a good combination for the D7G,sporting
one of the best engines cat ever made the 3306,small world though as i sold Ivan
the winch for that tractor,he once told me he would never sell the D7G as his son
Harvey would carry on with it,real nice chap is Ivan,first time i met him was at
Ambrose sale where he out bid me on the first 463 that was sold and came over and
apologized,i told him dont worry mate theres more,and i bought the next one,i guess
you must know Martin Atkins of A & P services,a great fitter :thumbs_up:

I'm old plant man, and only just registered here today
Like you said it's small world just bought that d7 and box of Ivan
Never met him but as you said he sounds like real nice chap just waiting for Ivan to do little job then going pick it up from him

Return to “Scrapers”