Volvo T450D scraper hauler

Post #1 by Holger » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:16 pm

Some resources:
How-To

Nick Drew

Re: Volvo T450D scraper hauler

Post #2 by Nick Drew » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:28 pm

Wow :o

I was not aware that Volvo were producing these :shock: I guess it is to compete with Bell's similar product :?

Nick :P

IBH

Post #3 by IBH » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:51 pm

Yes Volvo sneeked them into their product range, mainly aimed at the US market, Moxy also have some in their product range.

Robban_C

Post #4 by Robban_C » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:17 pm

It is quite new. I saw the protoype last winter. It was powerful but lacked traction in the snow as it was to light. I guess that the scraper is meant to put some weight on it. Anyway, the lack of traction resulted in some spectacular powerslides at the Volvo Demo Field. :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

IBH

Post #5 by IBH » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:08 pm

An extract from an Equipment World article on pull scrapers:
Volvo
Richard Iddins, product marketing manager for Volvo Construction Equipment, says the T450D is a direct result of Volvo customers asking for more pull power, flexibility, durability and speed.

Volvo’s T450D scraper hauler draws from the DNA of their articulated hauler family. The T450D’s 12-liter, six-cylinder, 419-horsepower Volvo D12D engine provides the muscle required to pull up to three scrapers depending on the scraper configuration and total weight.

The Volvo T450D scraper-hauler’s three-point A-frame independent suspension system on the front and rear axles allows each wheel to move independently over uneven or rocky terrain, increasing stability and reducing stress on the hauler’s frame. Dual circuit, wet-disc, oil-cooled service brakes on all wheels and a variable hydraulic transmission retarder safely slow the scraper-hauler and its attachments.

The T450D’s drivetrain is designed specifically for the jolting operations found on a construction project. Equipped with Volvo’s own automatic planetary transmission, the T450D has a four-by-four drive with five operating modes to match operating conditions and can operate at a smart clip of 32 mph for faster cycle times.

Operator controls include the scraper mode that automatically controls the speed of the scraper hauler for efficient loading. A vehicle information system monitors all fluid levels and displays the machine’s status in the instrument panel, minimizing service times.

In May, Volvo and Ashland Industries entered into an agreement that will allow Volvo dealerships to sell Ashland I-180TS2 scrapers. Ashland’s I-180TS2 heavy-duty 18-cubic-yard capacity ejector scraper features a 15-inch two-part pushbar extension system that protects the quick hitch and assists in loading in short distances. The scraper’s 126-inch cutting width allows fast loading and the 56-inch apron opening eliminates the need for double or triple ejecting in heavy soils. The heavy-duty hold-down roller in the sidewalls makes for easier ejection.

For the full article on towed scrapers:
http://www.equipmentworldmagazine.com/a ... p?id=70456

jevlar

Post #6 by jevlar » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:17 pm

The Volvo's SSAB have running around their steel mill in Oxelösund must be the predessecors/prototypes for these?
/Per Eriksson

Cat tech

Return to “Scrapers”