Campbell Heavy Haulage (Pic Heavy)

Discuss heavy haulage here

modelman093
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Campbell Heavy Haulage (Pic Heavy)

Post #11 by modelman093 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:07 pm

tctractors wrote:Stuart, the pic going around the bend was a good shot, it shows how sweet the interdolly works, I see the Scania has the hub reduction axles and only a small power engine, a Co' I do a good bit of work for run about 25 Scania's with only single reduction axles and the big HP motors 580 upto 730hp at gvw of below 90 ton they can haul it like there empty, but I dont know how things would work out over 100 ton???

So it's an "interdolly" - you've saved me from the embarrassment of having to ask the name of that extra set of wheels! When I was involved in heavy (not very!) haulage in the late 60s / early 70s we were not even allowed to use a jeep dolly without special exemption as the then Ministry of Transport classed jeep dollies as trailers and you weren't allowed to pull two trailers - unless you were a travelling showman or threshing contractor!
We ran two of the first 3 axle Scanias in the country and if my memory serves me correctly they were plated at a "massive!" 105 tons! We used them both as artic units and ballasted tractors with drawbar trailers.
We also had the only Broshuis 4 axle trombone step frame in the UK at the time - happy days!
Angus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GIZZY
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Campbell Heavy Haulage (Pic Heavy)

Post #12 by GIZZY » Sat May 28, 2011 3:24 pm

Excellent pictures Stuart. Thanks :)

Return to “Heavy Haulage”