New drivers CPC

Discuss heavy haulage here

Neversweat
Flag: Great Britain

Re: New drivers CPC

Post #11 by Neversweat » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:36 pm

You can do the same course over and over again and pass as long as it adds up to 35hrs :doh: Waste of time & money as if things aren't tight enough as it is :evil:

Steve

v8detroit
Flag: Ireland

Post #12 by v8detroit » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Neversweat wrote:You can do the same course over and over again and pass as long as it adds up to 35hrs :doh: Waste of time & money as if things aren't tight enough as it is :evil:

Steve

a mate of mine was on one of these course`s and the teacher :insomnia: said gears are for go brakes are to slow and said not to use
gears or exhaust brake to slow :doh: he must have shares in a brake shoe / pads manufacture .and must have never driven a heavy
truck there was no mention of brake fade or the efects of hot brakes.it`s just a money making racket ,trying to tell experienced drivers
how to drive,they should make the bankers do a training course sorry for the rant but it makes me mad :x

Jeremy Rowland

Post #13 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:39 am

v8detroit wrote:
Neversweat wrote:You can do the same course over and over again and pass as long as it adds up to 35hrs :doh: Waste of time & money as if things aren't tight enough as it is :evil:

Steve

a mate of mine was on one of these course`s and the teacher :insomnia: said gears are for go brakes are to slow and said not to use
gears or exhaust brake to slow :doh: he must have shares in a brake shoe / pads manufacture .and must have never driven a heavy
truck there was no mention of brake fade or the efects of hot brakes.it`s just a money making racket ,trying to tell experienced drivers
how to drive,they should make the bankers do a training course sorry for the rant but it makes me mad :x

Sadly making people mad isn't any good unless the people who are mad take action and its about time the general workers and public in this country stood upto the system and get all this rubbish and half the health & safety laws renounced.
Its all a giant "get out" clause for insurance companies who are raking in money faster than ever, bout time they were properly regulated too :evil:

Jeremy

martyn williams

Post #14 by martyn williams » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:50 am

bigkit wrote:I started the drivers CPC course today! :doh: I've got to do 35 hours of classroom work before 2014 to keep on trucking! There's no test and you cant pass or fail, its attendance only!

What a waste of time another cash con, I thought the digger tickets were bad! :doh: :doh: :doh: :dizzy:

Hello Clive
This country is going red tape mad,I am getting fed up of all the crap I have to go through when I visit sites,got to have inductions in most places now.Some of these places I have been to for many years :dizzy:
It just wears you down, I feel sorry for the smaller firms that have to fork out for pointless courses in tough economic times when every penny earned counts.
What a load off ballcocks
Martyn

Martyn Henley

Post #15 by Martyn Henley » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Martyn, this country has always been red tape mad, its just getting worse .. its the jobs worth brigade ...

Jeremy, general workers of the UK will never stand up to all of this, they will moan and get angry but it will never change anything.

Martyn

Mike d550

Post #16 by Mike d550 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:04 pm

I totally agree with all the above comments, its all a load of BO**OCKS, i'm sure there are plenty of people who are out of work or trying to earn a crust who are put off going into trucking or heavy equipment operating because of the expense and red tape!
What a surprise to find out the rest of europe are not towing the line as usual, I think we should get out of the EU with all its stupid rules and regulations as soon as possible!
How the government can claim thay have no money in the coffers is laughable, what with speeding fines, the cost of fuel and now tickets for driving trucks!

Better get off my soap box before my blood pressure goes through the roof and I have to pay a fortune for my next repeat prescription. :thumbdown:

Mike D550

gah1950
Flag: Wales

Post #17 by gah1950 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:39 pm

hello martyn.
i could,nt agree more,we done seven hours on a glorious saturday last year listening to an ex vosa terrorist (retired) bleat out total crap on how to start the day off. all he said is what we already knew.what is the point of running these schemes when all that is required is sitting there and not even answering any questions if you dont wish to, this is nothing short extracting more cash from companies and drivers,whilst i am up on this soapbox why dont every plant operator in the land refuse to renew their cpcs cards,what can these companies do? there is no law as far as i am certain and i mean law, not these tin rules that these gobshites at all the big contactors dictate to all and sundry ,i am all for safe working methods and the other day we had to take a three part test in loading and unloading plant on and off a stepframe trailer, a volvo a25 a cat roller and a pc210 and the tester told us that he felt awkward testing us as we all had donkies years experience between us and he had only just started his testing business,talk about teaching old dogs new tricks ,i rest my case. :? :? :?

graham.

dependencies

Post #18 by dependencies » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:28 pm

Our haulier has just plonked half his workforce through a wasted saturday attending a group lesson in this waste of money.

the remaining victims wil be shanghai'd over the next few months, many of the older drivers are counting down to retirement and wondering can they afford to go now.

Its not my problem anymore since my trucking career wound down after a couple of years shunting trailers and now i'm indoors, I dont envy the drivers job these days.

On the CPC-lite training its an operationally pointless money spinner, after all where are the traffic office staff getting off so lightly when they dont need any operator experience in planning loads, it would make sense to progress those drivers interested in administration from road work to routing trucks,
instead of which drivers are sent all over the shop to make collections by traffic clerks with seemingly no grasp of distance or traffic volumes

Martyn Henley

Post #19 by Martyn Henley » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Graham, your idea is for every plant op not renew their tickets is a good idea, :think: would it work though..... you are right about it not being law or a lawful requirement, its just a cash cow to feed a forever growing Health and Safety market... i had a shock the other day, i was thinking of renewing my ticket, just to keep my hand in now and then, but i was amazed at how much it would cost me, plus the hours of paper work to fill in, and to read stuff that STILL has no bearing on operating plant either :dizzy: and what is more amazing is the crap you have to put up with on sites these days ..hard hats on at all times even when sitting in machine :dizzy: gloves and glasses to be worn at all times :dizzy: .. :arrrrgh: good job there is no health and safety crap in model making apart from common sense ......
But something has to done.

Tell me lads, who else in Europe is complying with this transort CPS thing, or is just us in the UK ?

Martyn

gah1950
Flag: Wales

Post #20 by gah1950 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:31 pm

hello martyn,
a very good friend of mine who happens to be a respected truck journalist rang me today for a chat and to fix the world in general,and very quickly the chat turned to not the weather as usual but to H&S, there is a tip/recycling yard in west london that instantly bans you for good if you turn up without the bright orange trousers installed on oneself,apparently you cant even attire yourself on their property,no ifs or buts.the problem with all these plastic rules and regulations is that many no hopers and fully qualified tossers that have no real insight of how this industry works are getting a very good crack of the whip thankyou very much, this so called health and safety empire has been left to get away with worse than murder and has turned into a bigger industry than the industry it purports to look after.. :? :? :? .
graham,

Return to “Heavy Haulage”