west of scotland

Discuss heavy haulage here

Topic author
bru2

Re: west of scotland

Post #11 by bru2 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:17 pm

well he was sandwhiched between the daf's.just about 400 yards up the road was a slip road onto the a90 south stood there and watched as the west of scot trucks slowed down for the corner and just as the morrison's truck went round the corner they stopped so he had nowhere to go.
think they had a word in his ear .don't think he will try that again
;) :doh:

BulldozerD11

Post #12 by BulldozerD11 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:42 pm

Great sequence of photos Bruce. Looked a close shave with the two trucks, woodent fancy him coming off the road at me. How close were you standing (or was it a good zoom you had on the camera) ?

Wonder if it was on its way back to Weldex es Alfreton Depot, Derbyshire Looked to be a few in when i went past last week, but not as full as HTC depot at MeadowHall / Ecelsfield by the M1 thats thats so full they are filling another yard down the road with boom & tower sections stacking up rapidly as all the cranes come down.
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Topic author
bru2

Post #13 by bru2 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:27 am

hi bulldozer
i took these pics at the end of last year.
i think i was about 7-8 feet from the road just far enough to stay out of the spray.but you know yourself if you have the camera to your eye you don't really know whats happening !

Jack

Post #14 by Jack » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:54 am

Dave Is that were thet have a crane arm across the mway ?

BulldozerD11

Post #15 by BulldozerD11 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:39 pm

Jack wrote:Dave Is that were thet have a crane arm across the mway ?

Hi Jack,

Yes HTC's yard is next to the M1 just after J34 (Tinsley viaduct/Meadowhall) on ramp merges on the left going north. It Currently has 2 tower cranes which have lights on at Christmas and used to have a Luffer crane as well that was very close to the motorway for a couple of years. Dont think the TC Jibs actually oversails the motorway but as you drive south down the hill when lit up it looks that way.
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Basilbrush

Post #16 by Basilbrush » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:41 pm

That Morrisons driver must be nuts. Very good shots, I was expecting to see them come together there.

BB

gah1950
Flag: Wales

Post #17 by gah1950 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:28 pm

poor old mr morrison,probably oblivious to what was going on around him,must have had his class 1 off a weetabix box.but on a serious note a real pathetic display of driving ,the daf was really running out of options there.

nicky-c

Post #18 by nicky-c » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:50 pm

the 2nd yard at meadowhall / junction34 M1 was the old EXTEC yard and HTC bought it to store equipment in.
luckily my mate drives for them so i find plenty out about them and also i live not far from there

Return to “Heavy Haulage”