Road going tipper trucks

Discuss heavy haulage here

d4c24a

Re: Road going tipper trucks

Post #61 by d4c24a » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:54 pm

rosco has the newest daf with an alloy body ,i was talking to him a few weeks ago ,about the up coming redundancy's
i have heard he kept his job :thumbs_up: but quite a few did not 25 i think
cheers graham
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Neversweat
Flag: Great Britain

Post #62 by Neversweat » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:01 pm

Yes Steve, I can just about remember the Leyland Chester had before the Seddon ;) I seem to remember he used to have all the extra lights, air horns and mud flaps on his lorries, made them stand out from the rest :thumbs_up:
Rosco used to have an ally bodied lorry as he used to do a lot of aggregates, but would still go on muckaway when needed. I was loading him about a year ago on a job in Reading, but I think he's got a lorry with a muck body now, could be wrong though :? He must be one of Hadleys longest serving drivers now I should think :thumbs_up:

Col :thumbs_up:

You're spot on there with Chesters lorries - he used to park up in the old man's tip at Theale and polish it.
Rosco used to be an owner-driver with a Daf that Hadleys bought and he's been there since.Hadleys have just had a cull and got rid of about 18 drivers from the tipper and skip divisions.I heard they have subbed out some of their bigger jobs to John Moulds and John Staceys.
Ignore what Graham wrote - his new DAF has a Muck away body on it.
Steve
Last edited by Neversweat on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Col 140

Post #63 by Col 140 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:02 pm

d4c24a wrote:rosco has the newest daf with an alloy body ,i was talking to him a few weeks ago ,about the up coming redundancy's
i have heard he kept his job :thumbs_up: but quite a few did not 25 i think
cheers graham

Bad times at Hadleys then Graham :shock: Wonder if it was the ex Hanson/Mould drivers that got made redundant. Thought Rosco usually had an ally bodied truck ;) maybe he was on a different lorry for a day when I saw him last :)

Col :thumbs_up:

d4c24a

Post #64 by d4c24a » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:05 pm

You're spot on there with Chesters lorries - he used to park up in the old man's tip at Theale and polish it.
Rosco used to be an owner-driver with a Daf that Hadleys bought and he's been there since.Hadleys have just had a cull and got rid of about 18 drivers from the tipper and skip divisions.I heard they have subbed out some of their bigger jobs to John Moulds and John Staceys.
Ignore what Graham wrote - his new DAF has a Muck away body on it.
Steve

bugger i could have sworn it was alloy :dizzy: it must be my age now i,m getting on a bit :lol:
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Neversweat

Post #65 by Neversweat » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:08 pm

d4c24a wrote:bugger i could have sworn it was alloy :dizzy: it must be my age now i,m getting on a bit :lol:

Nearly FORTY and your eye sights going :D :D :D

Col 140

Post #66 by Col 140 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Neversweat wrote:
d4c24a wrote:bugger i could have sworn it was alloy :dizzy: it must be my age now i,m getting on a bit :lol:

Nearly FORTY and your eye sights going :D :D :D

So I wasn't imagining things then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers, Col :thumbs_up:

tim

Post #67 by tim » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:03 pm

Yes that was Rosco's lorry,i first met him when he came in our place for sand -very nice chap.When he got a new lorry it was another Daf with a Thompson steel Multimaster body which are curved between the floor and sides unlike the more popular Loadmaster which are square.They are about half a ton lighter than the Loadmaster and you don't see many about, Sivyers have some.I haven't seen Rosco for a few months so he may have changed lorries again. I heard Stacey's have now got the tip that Hadleys had at RMC at Fox lane Eversley. :thumbs_up: Tim

Topic author
roadcommander2

Post #68 by roadcommander2 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:34 am

Dont suppose you have any pics of the Constructor do you guys, it sounds like a nice motor.

By the way Steve, I seem to remember you were going to toddle down to the big Yeoman (now probably Bardon) pit near to you and take a few tipper pics for us,

when you are ready mate, no pressure!!!

Cheers
Mark

XS650

Post #69 by XS650 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:25 am

Does anyone know who makes this type of tipper body .Very popular on muck away .
iveco-conway.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not all those who wander are lost.

tim

Post #70 by tim » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:44 pm

Hi Craig- that is a Thompson muckmaster body in the picture,with the ribbed sides from a few years ago.In the last few years they have introduced the smooth sided loadmaster body for muckaway you can find them on http://www.thompsonsuk.com :thumbs_up: Tim
Last edited by tim on Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Heavy Haulage”