For Sale Thwaites 100 Alldig 4x4 with 5 buckets

Put your equipment for sale here
Forum rules
Please use so called TAGS in the subject of the post when posting in here.
[For sale]
[Wanted]
[Exchange]
[Swap]

Topic author
Rockhopper
Flag: Great Britain

For Sale Thwaites 100 Alldig 4x4 with 5 buckets

Post #1 by Rockhopper » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:02 pm

I have owned my Thwaites all dig 4x4 for the last 4 years , but in January 2016 my wife and I will be moving to France and I do not think that I will be able to take it with me.

We live on a farm just outside York and these days, the digger is used two or three times a month to move the muck heap. It has no leaks, starts first time and will idle all day. The 4WD is far superior to the 2WD version and will pull its self through deep mud without a problem. The front bucket (a three in one) will lift a ton and the rear arm is used to move 850 kilo builders bags of sand and other materials without a problem. I have changed a few of the hoses but they are easy to do and not expensive if one happens to blow. The electrics work , but not all the lenses are in, but this is not relevant as the tractor is not used on the roads. I know the History of the digger. I which is why I bought it. This particular digger belonged to Thwaites and was used as the donor unit for many of the Axle and other body part upgrades over the years and was used all over Europe as a demonstrator (the original vin plate is still on the tractor and it is recorded with Thwaites). I purchased the Digger from an employee of Thwaites who had driven it for many years whilst at Thwaites and had been using it as a log splitter with attachment of the back arm. I have no idea how many hours it has done as the counter does not work. It is in its original condition and has not been painted, It is in good conditio0n and is not a rust bucket. It could be painted, in which case it would be a lovely looking machine, but where we live, shiny little tractor's/Trailers in fact any machinery is fair game and so I have not painted it/made it stand out. There are 5 buckets, plus the front 3in 1 all in excellent condition with new teeth. I am selling everything together and so am unable to split the buckets as I would like everything to stay together. I would like £3950.00 ovno for the tractor and £100.00 for each of the buckets. The Tracktor weighs abot 3 tons and so will need to be taken on the back of a low loader or similar. There is no vat to pay. I have a number of photos to send to anyone who may be interested. I will be very sad to let this little tractor go but it is a good little workhorse capable of a good days work and if restored, will be a valuable little classic. It is better than a long term hire for a self build plus you will sell it for the same money you paid for it.

Please call Paul on 07973 628 387 for more information /Photos/to view.

Return to “For sale”