Coles yard crane at former Swan Hunter's yard

Discuss cranes here

Topic author
Gavin Phillips

Re: Coles yard crane at former Swan Hunter's yard

Post #11 by Gavin Phillips » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:37 pm

Brian C wrote:The small crane is an Grove/Coles AP415 12t on riggers Approx 8t free on wheels i used to operate one many moons ago they were a good little crane and worth their weight in gold in the right enviroment

Hope this helps

Brian

Hi Brian

After reading your post, did a quick Google search and found this for Coles AP415:

I'm suitably convinced!!!

Just a shame I had never got a picture (or 20) of the Rapier mobile crane which was on site before it was shipped off to India. That could potentially be quite a rare piece of equipment.

Thanks everyone for your replies!
Look out that window, Eden isn't burning. Its burnt.

Topic author
Gavin Phillips

Another Coles mystery crane

Post #12 by Gavin Phillips » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:01 pm

Didn't seem to need another thread, its definitly a Coles this time. :lol:

Took this picture from the other side of the Tyne, the crane is at a place called Shepperds Offshore. Maybe some people will recall the forklift next to it, its a Lancer D42.

Coles built a series of large & wide 2-axle rough terrain cranes called Husky before they were taken over by Grove and renamed RT-series. This would explain its similarity to the old Grove RT760 which was working at the former Swan Hunters site just down river.

But indeed there were quite a few Husky models...this one would appear to be one of the larger machines of the product line, although just how big they got is unknown to me at the moment.

Any feedback is always welcome! :thumbs_up:
Look out that window, Eden isn't burning. Its burnt.

coles crane bloke

Post #13 by coles crane bloke » Wed May 27, 2009 7:15 pm

The little blue crane is actually a Coles Jumbo first built 1982 it is half Husky half Speedcrane.
Three models made : Jumbo 408 : Jumbo 410 : Jumbo 412/415 with loading of 8,10 and 12 tons respectively.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brian C

Post #14 by Brian C » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:53 pm

coles crane bloke wrote:The little blue crane is actually a Coles Jumbo first built 1982 it is half Husky half Speedcrane.
Three models made : Jumbo 408 : Jumbo 410 : Jumbo 412/415 with loading of 8,10 and 12 tons respectively.

Sorry Coles Crane Bloke but it is an AP 415 I know one when i see one the one in your pic has no riggers no fly and no offset on the boom head for the fly it's very similar but not the same.

Return to “Cranes”