CAT Telehandlers

Discuss telehandlers here

Topic author
IBH

CAT Telehandlers

Post #1 by IBH » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:36 pm

Slightly surprised there isn't a thread already, so i'll start one with these early brohure scans.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

grant
Flag: Great Britain

Re: CAT Telehandlers

Post #2 by grant » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:17 pm

We have a 04 th330b on hire and I have to say it's awful to drive which is surpring because cat machines are usually good appart from there rollers it has no power in it for driving in to get a bucket full of type 1 the jcb and manitou are far superior machines

Joes1989

Post #3 by Joes1989 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:04 pm

The site im on at the minute has a Cat tele on hire from ruttle and the driver says its garbage.....but it is the quietest he's ever had! haha

BulldozerD11

Post #4 by BulldozerD11 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:41 pm

Interesting Stuff IBH the looks have changed a fair bit from those early 'square' machines.

IIRC - Some of the UK built CAT and John Deere machines came out the same factory in the midlands with JD having acquired some of the old Matbro designs / patents from Powerscreen when they were in trouble in the 1980s/early 1990s.

A lot of telehandlers are built by JLG with machines now badged up for several makers of machinery - not sure if some CAT models are also JLG built ?
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

wxmman

Post #5 by wxmman » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:35 pm

The new range of telehandlers are jlg
Nothing runs like a Deere, - being chased by a big Cat..........

grant

Post #6 by grant » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:07 pm

Think the jlg ones are fully better than the older ones like we have on hire totally can't get joystick side to side is to put the boom out rather than tip the bucket and it is absolutely gutless

Topic author
IBH

Post #7 by IBH » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:43 pm

I understand that the early CAT early handlers were actually designed and built by DJB- many years ago I saw a used DJB branded telehandler for sale in Truck Trader.
CAT telehandlers were built at the Desford plant in Leicestershire, until CAT entered into an alliance with JLG for JLG to take-over production of exisiting CAT designed telehandlers as well as supply JLG designed telehandlers under the CAT name throughout the world.

CAT had previously had an alliance with Claas, covering agricultural equipment(Challengers & combines) and in 2000 CAT bought Claas Suffolk factory and built Claas telehander range for them.
This agreement ended in 2005, with CAT closing the factory, Claas then licensed production to Neuson Kramer, who build updated models for sale as Claas branded machines to agricultural customers and as Kramer Allrad for construction/industrial markets.
Claas telehandlers evolved from the Sanderson Teleporter line.
CAT's alliance with JLG covers both the construction and agricultural markets and JLG continue to sell machines under their own brands and have recently signed an agreement wherby all non-CAT branded agricultural telehandlers will be branded as Same-Deutz-Fahr machines.

John Deere bought the design and manufacturing rights to the Matbro products and I understand produced the John Deere telehandlers in their German plant until 2008, when they pulled out due to low sales volumes and strong competition e.g. JCB, Merlo etc.

Ian Fletcher1970

Post #8 by Ian Fletcher1970 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Don't seem to see many Cat Telehandlers about in my area, most of the farms I know of are all loyal to JCB - a mate of mine runs a JCB 528S on his dairy farm and it is the jack of all trades from loading the mixer wagon to mucking out to handling big bags of fertiliser and big bales.

Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pinch

Post #9 by pinch » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:48 pm

We have 7 cat from 2005-2008, mostly TH580.
The only good thing and the reason we have them is the lifting power.

grant

Post #10 by grant » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:59 pm

I had a shot of a th460b today which I borrowed from work to push up our dung midden at the stables and also level some earth and spread wood chips I have never used such a useless machine in all my days you can't seem to do 2 things at once with it tryed pushing and lifting the heap at once the whole machine just stopped Any other machine manages this no probs

Return to “Telehandlers”