Case International tractor/loader

Discuss tractors here

Topic author
Nick Drew

Case International tractor/loader

Post #1 by Nick Drew » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:41 pm

Well today we went to have a look at another little tractor for my other half to use around our horse yard.
We were tipped off about this tractor by my mate and fellow CMN member Tone, I don't know a lot about tractors but I am sure this machine would be more than capable of doing what Lorna needs it too :dizzy:

Anyone know anything about these little tractors ....I am not sure of the model number??

Nick :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tone_rmz250

Re: Case International tractor/loader

Post #2 by tone_rmz250 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:52 pm

think its a 784 mate

RichardJW~

Post #3 by RichardJW~ » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:05 am

I think its later than a 784, being a 'G' plate. I'd say either a 685/785 or 885.

Pretty sound little tractors really and a good choice for loader work IMO, should be a plate on the front r.h. side that will identify it. At home we have a 'G' plate 885XL-4, bought it in '95 with 3,600hrs, its up to 9,500hrs right now and still going strong.
Those models would eat hand brake bands, so be sure its in GWO, they're right bar stewards to change, unless you got the knack [and short arms]. Also they weren't the liveliest starters, esp. when it was cold, usually need winging over for some time on a good battery before there's any sign of life.

Make sure the clutch pedal isn't too high, or slipping. Not a big job [or expensive] to change but just adds to it.
The brakes are oil immersed & hyd operated, its not unusual for the brake piston 'o' rings to leak, again not a huge job to change, just alarming when the pedal goes soft......and the 'o' rings need to be installed extremely carefully with vaseline, not grease because they are prone to being sliced and you'll only know when you try to bleed the brakes up after its all back together.
Have a nose round the front axle, make sure there isn't too much slop there.

End of the day I think Tone knows some of the 'Good Ole Red Boys' from Launceston area who'd be only to happy to sort out any problems out on a Saturday afternoon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RichardJW~ on Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

RichardJW~

Post #4 by RichardJW~ » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:04 am

Looks like its missing the drawbar/pick-up hitch

Robban_C

Post #5 by Robban_C » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:00 am

The loader might be a Swedish Trima but I am not sure.
Lots of hydraulic pipes in the lifting boom (first picture) tells me thatit has a hydraulic quick hitch for the bucket and/or a 3:rd hydraulic function.

I do not know anything about this tractor but my experience from 2wd tractors with loaders are:
1. Small front wheels means that you cannot use the loader for anything heavy if you are on soft ground or the front wheels will dig into the ground leaving the ground in a condition that even a Centurion tank would be proud of. :D
2. 2wd and a heavy load in the bucket means that the rear wheels loose their traction. Half a ton counterweight in the rear lifting arms would probably be very good to cure this.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

RichardJW~

Post #6 by RichardJW~ » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:40 pm

Robban, depends really what Nick's got in mind for the tractor.....if I recall it'll be used on a small holding to tidy up after horses

Robban_C

Post #7 by Robban_C » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:55 pm

Oh yes I agree but I know what happens when you have to lift something heavy such as a pallet of tiles. If you have a tractor with a loader you use it, dont you? :P
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

tone_rmz250

Post #8 by tone_rmz250 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:28 pm

yeah nick only wants it for light work. the odd bale of hay and straw! i think they might have it in mind to get a few small implements for it in time, but im sure lorna will be just delighted to have it as it is at the minute makes easy work for hard jobs when its normally "handrolic" :D

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #9 by Nick Drew » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:19 pm

Hi all,

Well we finally got the tractor home today and yes Richard it is a 785 ;) now I need some help from you agri boys :? We would like to get hold of a operators manual for this model or range, any ideas where we may be able to get hold of one ??

We just moved it across the yard tonight and sadly we noticed that the steering ram has quite a bad leak so may have to contact the seller tomorrow :cry:

will post some more pics of it over the weekend :thumbs_up:

Nick :mrgreen:

tone_rmz250

Post #10 by tone_rmz250 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:56 pm

yeah contact peter mate he will sort it out for you hes a very genuine bloke

Return to “Tractors”