mf50b

My MF35

Post #1 by mf50b » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:08 pm

Heres my MF35
3cyl Perkins
2 stage clutch
wheel weights
Front loader

Also I dont get cold on it our winters are like most euro summers :) coldest we get is about 10degc dueing the day here in Australia

scott
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

essexpete

Re: My MF35

Post #2 by essexpete » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:45 pm

That looks quite a tidy od MF. I think old machinery survives the tin worm better in parts of Oz than it does in UK.

Also have noticed over the years that similar tractors in Oz and US (unless on row crop work) were speced with larger/wider tires than bog standard in the UK.

Topic author
mf50b

Post #3 by mf50b » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:58 am

essexpete wrote:That looks quite a tidy od MF. I think old machinery survives the tin worm better in parts of Oz than it does in UK.

Also have noticed over the years that similar tractors in Oz and US (unless on row crop work) were speced with larger/wider tires than bog standard in the UK.

Appart from a dints in the body panels its in great nick,The wide wheels work great, I have been thinking of widening the track further and turning the wheels around to make it more stable on hilly ground. I fitted the FEL on it about 12 months ago, we have rather hilly land and the front wheels kept lifting off the ground even with water in the fronts and wheel weights, so I figured I would fit a bucket never lifts the fronts and made it a great tractor except being able to turn it. Once I have finished working it hard I would love to give it a bare frame rebuild.

I think the trick to preserving machinery is to keep it out of the weather, mine has always been kept in a shed and it shows. Even my backhoe has nearly always been kept undercover and it is in great condition. In australia we have a lanolin spray to spray on machinery kept outside and it prevents cancer in steel. Its great to spray on slashers & blades stored out on a paddock.

cheers
Scott

martyn williams

Post #4 by martyn williams » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:05 am

Looks a very tidy 35 :thumbup:
Martyn

Return to “Tractors”