I H TD6

Discuss tractors here

BulldozerD11

Re: I H TD6

Post #11 by BulldozerD11 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:06 am

That reminds me there was quite a few IH crawlers at Newark as part of the IH special feature this year.

Dident see any of them running though.

There was a few T6/TD6's and 8, 14, and TD20's IIRC. One had a Rolls Royce engine.
(tried to post photos earlier but something went wrong when uploading them, so will post when i've uploaded them to my page for the show and link them to here).

Hi Martyn, when you get it running are you doing a full restoration like the Drott and D4 or are you preserving it as original with patina finish as the nose looks very straight (but the tanks a bit pink) ?

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #12 by martyn williams » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:28 am

Hello Dave
I think I will keep it in its working clothes for a year or so.The tank was repaired some years ago due to a misshap with the tractors pto when operating a machine.The shaft hit the tank :dizzy:
My mate,its previous owner repaied it.
I will be sorting this tractor out over the next few months,then back on the D4 in the Springtime to finnish the repaint.
Found no 4 exhaust valve sticking,now freed up.The rest of the machine is sound.It ran well at our rallies over the years but inactivity has done it no favours. :(
Martyn

BulldozerD11

Post #13 by BulldozerD11 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:41 am

B100 LOADER wrote:Hello Dave
I think I will keep it in its working clothes for a year or so.The tank was repaired some years ago due to a misshap with the tractors pto when operating a machine.The shaft hit the tank :dizzy:
My mate,its previous owner repaied it.
I will be sorting this tractor out over the next few months,then back on the D4 in the Springtime to finnish the repaint.
Found no 4 exhaust valve sticking,now freed up.The rest of the machine is sound.It ran well at our rallies over the years but inactivity has done it no favours. :(
Martyn

Hi Martyn :thumbup: Thought it dident look a recent repaint. Pity its abit hard to find an original tank thats not got the tin worm and swap it to keep it in original 'working' condition.

Definitely not paint spraying weather lately. But not too bad some of the time (between showers and Downpours) :( now you have some hard standing to work on for the other jobs then. With the tracked machine it a bit hard giving it a work out up and down the road these days (unless theres a good snow fall and then any machine ;) will do to clear it when the council cant cope. The road near us had track marks in it from 20 years ago till they resurfaced it this year). :shifty:

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #14 by martyn williams » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:08 pm

Interesting link Dave.
As you are aware after ACMOC chapter 2 decertification a new club has been set up dealing with all types of tracked machines.
I have had a few phone calls from local plant firms that have old machines in their ownership.Will sign these people up as club members.This will be great news for the new club as I see membership will rise.Lots of hard work ahead.I had a call from Chepstow plant,they have a BTD8 that needs parts and repair to the clutch packs.
Anyone out there wishing to join us, contact myself or John Gaunt for details.Its only £25 per year.Lots of events planned for 2010.
Martyn

BulldozerD11

Post #15 by BulldozerD11 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:15 am

Hi Martyn - when you have a name for the new group a page can be started for the new group/club. and any events.

CMN has a basic page with web link and anybody else can add their group or events :thumbup:

Good to hear that more firms are taking a more active interest in saving their heritage and classic machines.

Are you taking any of your (own) machines to Malvern this year Martyn ? there was a few tracked machines last year.

dave

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #16 by martyn williams » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Hello Dave
Would like to take some machines to other shows,its just the cost of transport these days.It costs £100 to do a local show one way trip.
I was down Barry Cosslets house last night,he has built a barn to put his collection in,machines include a Chaseside,Hymac 380 and a few tracked loaders including a Furekawa.
He plans to have a club event there in 2010,I will take some of mine down there.
With a bit of planning and hard work,I think we will grow the club.
The AGM at S E Davies should be very good.
Looking forward to meeting up with people off CMN
Martyn

IANOZ

Post #17 by IANOZ » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:31 am

hi martyn here is some pictures of our td6.
have not picked it up yet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #18 by martyn williams » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:26 pm

Hello Ian
Engine side covers,pto and lights as well. :rockon: Will you have to do a lot to get it running ?
Keep us posted on progress Ian.
Thanks
Martyn

IANOZ

Post #19 by IANOZ » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi Martyn, We still have not seen it yet,bought it sight unseen ,but apparently it had a fire when it was being started,but it comes with a complete spare motor.Mate sounds like you need to get into vintage truck restoring ,so you cankill two birds with the one stone. have another restoredi tem and shift your own toys to the shows. we have bought a B61 mack primemover with that in mind .. Just need the dollars to make it a reality. ian.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #20 by martyn williams » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:34 pm

Had thought about that a few times Ian.I would love a Scammell lowloader to move the stuff around. Looked into getting a beaver tail truck,but it would not be used much and not cost effective.One day maybe!
Martyn

Return to “Tractors”