WAGNER TR9 artic tractor

Discuss tractors here

Topic author
taurus MK1
Flag: Great Britain

WAGNER TR9 artic tractor

Post #1 by taurus MK1 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:01 pm

:thumbs_up: Hi, a couple of shots of my Wagner with a W J Cooper tool carrier and an old prototype twin leg subsoiler yesterday.
She is estimated 1956, nice and original, 4 pot Cummins of approx 120hp, weight approx 7 odd tons, twin spool valves and the optional extra of a fibreglass cab with ash tray!!
The Wagner brothers were the pioneers of artic tractors, before Versatile. They were also involved in log skidders,huge log stackers,wheeled loaders.The Wagner name is still within the plant world.
There is a really good web site in the States, WagnerTractor.com.Lots of interesting bits including a more recent WA4 using a elevating scraper.

Hope this is of interest

Cheers John :thumbs_up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John Gaunt

Re: WAGNER TR9 artic tractor

Post #2 by John Gaunt » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi John, I certainly am very interested. that's a very nice looking tractor you have there :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: , might I ask where the photo was taken ?

Topic author
taurus MK1

Post #3 by taurus MK1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:17 pm

:thumbs_up: Hi John, photo taken in sunny northern Oxfordshire, well it was sunny at that particular moment :!: :!: :!: :!:

Regards John

BulldozerD11

Post #4 by BulldozerD11 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:27 pm

taurus MK1 wrote::thumbs_up: Hi, a couple of shots of my Wagner with a W J Cooper tool carrier and an old prototype twin leg subsoiler yesterday.
She is estimated 1956, nice and original, 4 pot Cummins of approx 120hp, weight approx 7 odd tons, twin spool valves and the optional extra of a fibreglass cab with ash tray!!
The Wagner brothers were the pioneers of artic tractors, before Versatile. They were also involved in log skidders,huge log stackers,wheeled loaders.The Wagner name is still within the plant world.
There is a really good web site in the States, WagnerTractor.com.Lots of interesting bits including a more recent WA4 using a elevating scraper.

Hope this is of interest

Cheers John :thumbs_up:

Interesting machine john

is it yours that was at Onslow Park this year (2009) ?

Dident know waggner built lots of other stuff :thumbup:

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Topic author
taurus MK1

Post #5 by taurus MK1 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:00 am

:wave: Yes Dave, it was my Wagner at Onslow.

Cheers John :rockon:

BulldozerD11

Post #6 by BulldozerD11 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:28 am

taurus MK1 wrote::wave: Yes Dave, it was my Wagner at Onslow.

Cheers John :rockon:

:thumbup: Got a photo or 2 of it along with about a 1000 others from Onslow Park Ill post it when i sort them out for the Onslow page on the wiki. (got a back log of shows still to add and the new seasons started) :dizzy:

Was a Good show there plenty of tractors down the field and loads of trucks + the steamers :D pity it turned wet last off, i missed a few machines working. :(

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

ReidyNZ

Post #7 by ReidyNZ » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:07 pm

Interesting old girl - Wagner were pioneers in artic Ag tractors and made them till (I think) the mid 60's when they entered into an agreement to build Artics for John Deere after JD's failed attempt with the 8010/20 in the late 50's - the agreement included a clause that they could make them for JD ONLY - and when JD produced the 7020 in 1970 and stopped using Wagner, Wagner were unable to produce anymore Ag tractors.
I have two JD 7520 Artics which were produced '72 - '75 after which the 8430 etc were produced.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #8 by Holger » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Any chance we can see a photo of the 7520's Chris? :bow:
Some resources:
How-To

Return to “Tractors”