Marshall Fowler

Discuss tractors here

Julian

Re: Marshall Fowler

Post #11 by Julian » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:02 pm

FOWLER MAN wrote:
The Marshall develops 40 h.p. at 750r.p.m. Fred

Though my series one was only rated at 38 hp at 750rpm. Still, reputed to work the belt better on account of the smaller pulley (and clutch) so more reves required for the correct belt speed.

Julian.

BulldozerD11

Re: Marshall Fowler

Post #12 by BulldozerD11 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:43 pm

XS650 wrote:You get to plenty of shows Dave , some of the early stuff was really interesting like this transverse engine , but is it really an oldie ?engine looks a bit too modern ?
P1000275.JPG

quite liked the 3 x 3 Glasgow as well.
P1000274.JPG

Hi Craig I'm making up for when i was doing 7 day weeks ;) (visited about 30 odd last year) Trying to get as many examples of different makes as possible. also got a bit train spotering with with the Steamers and Field Marshals, Roadless and County etc collecting photo of every one built still surviving :oops: A couple of my photos are on here http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Newby_Hall_Vintage_Gathering with hundreds to add (page has a list of other events at bottom).

Not sure on that Case cross motor as they were quite advanced, as often you dont see the engine much.

Tha Glasgow is rare - not many built and only a couple in the UK, several down under. One in the collection a Wroughton (science museum). Its a good interesting piece of engineering just one big fault its unstable on slopping ground. :doh:

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Return to “Tractors”