Re: World Ploughing Championship 2016

Post #11 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:53 am

Nice photos Michael thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #12 by Mrsmackpaul » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:32 pm

hair bear wrote:Nice to see what is being used around the world.
I suspect the Australian and New Zealand machines will get (understandably) a thorough decontamination before being allowed back into their countries (I remember County's being delivered to Southampton Docks without tyres for export to certain territories for this reason), I wonder if any were given a routine decontamination before landing here?

I know that to bring second hand farm gear or earth moving gear into Australia can be very challenging at times and I have been told if it's not clean enough customs have sent shipping containers back and wont even let them hit the dock and you dont even get told about it
People I know that import earth moving gear from the US fly over and spend a week or so cleaning machines and parts and even then they get knocked back when they land and have to be washed half a dozen times at there cost

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Forster
Flag: Mauritius

Post #13 by Forster » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:24 pm

A very very interesting set of photographs, I particularly liked the older stuff.

I don't know whether or not we have any old plough men on this website,if we have then does anyone remember Tom Forster, he came from Northumberland (Wallington Hall) and took part in championship ploughing from the early 1950s until probably 1970. He ploughed around the country but,particularly within 50 miles of his home.

He was very successful winning many prizes. He was a relative of mine and I would be interested to know if anyone knew of him. He died in 1998.

Return to “Tractors”