Fowler VF and TS 69 Hexatrac

Discuss tractors here

IANOZ

Re: Fowler VF and TS 69 Hexatrac

Post #21 by IANOZ » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi Julian,I am not going to use one of the dumb new off topic {smiles??} .,I could not work out the 46 and the 9MPH .I don't think i would like to be sitting on a VF at 9MPH. Any way ,now you have told us about it ,you had better show us a photo of it ..We have a guy following up on a fieldmarshall for us .ian.

Julian

Post #22 by Julian » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi Ian, I've only got a few taken a few years ago when I first got it and needed some pictures for the insurance company. It still had the standard 6mph top gear in it then. Crawfords do an exchange top gear set to raise it to 9mph. (contractors specification I believe) That extra 3mph makes a big difference! It needs a new coat of paint and the proper stripes painting on, I'm hoping to do it this winter.

Just incase you're a fan of big block Mopars I included a picture of an engine I recently built up!

Regards Julian

IANOZ

Post #23 by IANOZ » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:20 am

Hi Julian, Mate nice Tidy straight tractor :thumbup: . I am sure the experts could pick the eyes out of it ,but i'm no expert and it looks damned fine to me . Thanks for posting the photos .ian.

Julian

Post #24 by Julian » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:08 pm

IANOZ wrote:Hi Julian, Mate nice Tidy straight tractor :thumbup: . I am sure the experts could pick the eyes out of it ,but i'm no expert and it looks damned fine to me . Thanks for posting the photos .ian.

Yes, it is a very straight little tractor - all the mechanical bits are A1, or are now after I stuck a new little end bush in it and took out the clearance on the big end. It'll go into a field and work hard all day if required. I've also got its original winch but that is in need of some more serious restoration and haven't been able to get enthusiastic about it yet!

It's biggest fault is the paint really. Two old brothers restored it a few decades ago and a poor paint job combined with time has taken its toll. But the tinwork is sound so painting is pretty straightforward.

Julian.

IANOZ

Post #25 by IANOZ » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:48 pm

Hi Julian, Two ways of looking at it really .If you paint it up to the imaculant stage .You will be less likely to take it to the fields to give it a work out. Leave it the way it is ,still looks good but not quite right ,but you can go and uses it and enjoy it ,doing what it was built to do ,and not feel guilty about scratching the paint. You sound like a uses it and enjoy it type ,like me .ian.

Return to “Tractors”