Massey Ferguson 65 won't run

Discuss tractors here

Topic author
Slooby
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Massey Ferguson 65 won't run

Post #11 by Slooby » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:04 am

Brother-in-law got on with rolling his field/garden while I went off to refit the now fully charged battery back into my P38...which still has broken suspension (just goes to maximum inflation and steadfastly refuses to move from that height) and relocate it along with my covered car transporter trailer to another part of the yard (trailer) and Orchard (P38) where it got to join my other project Landies, the Bradbury ramp in kit form and the JCB
CMN Stuff: MF65, Thwaites Nimline, JCB 3CX
Projects: S11a 88" V8 Hybrid, 2 x S111 109"s, Mk11 Mini, Harrison L5A :doh:
Ish projects: T25 Camper, ST675R
Just added: Alpine S5 & Bridgeport Mk2 :wtf:
Sorely Missed: Impreza, E39 M5

Jeremy Rowland

Post #12 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:35 pm

Glad you got it sorted without expense save time. :thumbup:

Jeremy

topkit

Post #13 by topkit » Mon May 23, 2022 7:17 pm

Have you got the Hawkeye diagnostic reader for you P38, I used to have a P38 so have a diagnostic reader i mainly got it to extinguish the airbag light on my one. When i had the dashboard apart to do the coolant seal which is a very common issue on P38's.

hair bear

Post #14 by hair bear » Mon May 23, 2022 7:27 pm

Hi David, were you thinking of parting with it?
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

topkit

Post #15 by topkit » Mon May 23, 2022 8:38 pm

No not selling it have got p38 and Freelander loaded onto it so far was also going the get L322 diagnostics too, I have been given some details of a 1 owner 16,000 mile P38 that is for sale its been sitting for most of it's life in a dry barn, It'ts difficult to price up as i woulld need to recommission it carefully.
Last edited by topkit on Mon May 23, 2022 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hair bear

Post #16 by hair bear » Mon May 23, 2022 8:50 pm

Go on, you know you want it!
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

topkit

Post #17 by topkit » Mon May 23, 2022 10:45 pm

Yes i know i should but last week I won a Ferrari 348 at a Classic Car auction (as you do)! so it may have to wait a few weeks, The person selling is in no rush so it's not a problem.

Topic author
Slooby

Post #18 by Slooby » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:57 pm

topkit wrote:Have you got the Hawkeye diagnostic reader for you P38, I used to have a P38 so have a diagnostic reader i mainly got it to extinguish the airbag light on my one. When i had the dashboard apart to do the coolant seal which is a very common issue on P38's.

Doh! Missed this little additional conversation! The only software I have is EAS Unlock and the associated unique not OBD2 but OBD2 alike cable

Thought I had the P38 fixed by fitting a new battery, was all set to take it for an MoT last Saturday when on the Friday I remembered the damp pink stain on the transmission tunnel carpet in the drivers footwell...yup...those O rings on the heater pipes to matrix join needed doing. I ended up going the 'drill a hole to access a screw and cut the duct route' which caused even more trouble, further compounded by me managing to put a slit in one of the heater pipes...while I have an AC/DC TIG I've yet to get to grips with using it so resorted to JB Weld epoxy to repair the pipe... then tried using slighly too small ID O rings because I had them and they didn't seat properly, so had to go out and find some correct sized ones, by which time it was too late to make it to the MoT. O rings replaced and battery reconnected and an EAS fault was registering again :twisted: Hooked up my laptop and could not get the car to talk to me, tried all sorts and no dice. But the fault seemed to clear the next time I cycled the ignition and suspension seemed to be behaving so I rebooked the test for today.

Was trying to do a few little job in preparation for going to the MoT the last few days, went to head out this morning for the MoT and the EAS went nuts again; extended ride height and wouldn't budge ARGGGGGHHHHHH! Thought sod it, I'm going anyway, had to get fuel (90 litres...oooff) which made me run late and the MoT Station (Kwik Fit Tonbridge) said no, you're too late for your slot sorry you'll have to rebook for another day, which is no good as I needed the RR for Friday to go collect my latest acquisition (the Alpine) and I'm heading back up to Tadley again for work till Friday :/ I was in a foul mood made even worse when I arrived back in the village and the suspension started to behave again a 1/4 mile from the house :evil:

There's something very wrong in the communications between the various ECU's and devices that as yet I have been unable to trace, it currently appears that the OBD 2 socket is not linked to anything which points to corrosion in connectors, but they all appeared fine when I checked them, I guess if the weather perks up tomorrow I will take another look under the seats and behind the A pillar trim at the connectors and attack them all with contact cleaner, assuming I can resist the urge to ignight the 90 litres of fuel...
CMN Stuff: MF65, Thwaites Nimline, JCB 3CX
Projects: S11a 88" V8 Hybrid, 2 x S111 109"s, Mk11 Mini, Harrison L5A :doh:
Ish projects: T25 Camper, ST675R
Just added: Alpine S5 & Bridgeport Mk2 :wtf:
Sorely Missed: Impreza, E39 M5

Return to “Tractors”