New Holland 8070

Discuss harvesters here

Topic author
Rolyd8k

Re: New Holland 8070

Post #41 by Rolyd8k » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:13 pm

RichardJW~ wrote:1540 & 13ft header?

Richard, spot on ;) :D
not such good old days wearing that air-stream helmet,and could,nt have a fag :evil:
sh"t, got it under the wrong heading

RichardJW~

Post #42 by RichardJW~ » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:39 am

Funny really how when you take all the tin-work off these combines the basic chassis of a New Holland hasn't changed after all these years.....Did your combine have a rotary seperator after the rear beater?....or did that come with the 1540S?
Do you reckon you'll ever upgrade your 8070s?....to something like a couple of TF78s?....high output machines - if you don't bother too much about the straw & people seem to regard them as reliable.

RichardJW~

Post #43 by RichardJW~ » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:17 am

Several years ago I had a rare opportunity to go to the New Holland plant for a look round. This rare little thing was in their visitors centre - one of the first Clayson (as it was then) MZ combines from the 1950s from the days when the corn went in sacks, not in to trailers......ooof hard work, thank heavens for progress!!!

John Gaunt
Flag: Great Britain

Post #44 by John Gaunt » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:34 am

Hi Richard, You're right about the baggers being harder work than bulkers. At least the Clayson in your picture looks like it stored the full sacks on a platform ready to drop onto a trailer, many just had a chute to drop the full bags onto the ground. It was then no fun heaving them up off the ground onto a trailer !

Topic author
Rolyd8k

Post #45 by Rolyd8k » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:10 pm

RichardJW~ wrote:Funny really how when you take all the tin-work off these combines the basic chassis of a New Holland hasn't changed after all these years.....Did your combine have a rotary seperator after the rear beater?....or did that come with the 1540S?
Do you reckon you'll ever upgrade your 8070s?....to something like a couple of TF78s?....high output machines - if you don't bother too much about the straw & people seem to regard them as reliable.

there a good basic and reliable design,i guess thats why not much has changed,and thats
why i,m keeping them,and no plans for an upgrade,the 8070 are fairley bullet proof,i was,nt
sure if our 1540 had a second beater so i looked up the spec sheet for the Clayson S1540
and the clayson 1540,and aparently they both had one listed as beater behind the drum as you can see.

aftabhmd

Post #46 by aftabhmd » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:30 pm

Dear Sir,

We keen interested for buying New Holland 8070 combine, if you have vailable these machines, kindly let us know price include load into container.

If you have vailable other NH models 1550s, 1540s, 1545-R, 1530-R. Kindly send us details with fair price.

Awaiting for your soon reply

Best Regards
Aftab Ahmed

For Manager, Import/Export
CHATTHA ENTERPRISES
E-mail. aftab.hmd@gmail.com

RichardJW~ wrote:Top pics there, Roly.

Those 80 series seem to last forever.....as you say good old mechanical controls.....Are they Fiat or Merc motors?

Surprisingly enough when you get under the skin of some of the newer CSX & CX machines you can still see some chassis similarities

Topic author
Rolyd8k

Post #47 by Rolyd8k » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:17 pm

aftabhmd wrote:Dear Sir,

We keen interested for buying New Holland 8070 combine, if you have vailable these machines, kindly let us know price include load into container.

If you have vailable other NH models 1550s, 1540s, 1545-R, 1530-R. Kindly send us details with fair price.

Awaiting for your soon reply

Best Regards
Aftab Ahmed

For Manager, Import/Export
CHATTHA ENTERPRISES
E-mail. aftab.hmd@gmail.com

RichardJW~ wrote:Top pics there, Roly.

Those 80 series seem to last forever.....as you say good old mechanical controls.....Are they Fiat or Merc motors?

Surprisingly enough when you get under the skin of some of the newer CSX & CX machines you can still see some chassis similarities

Aftab,thanks for the interest but i,m a farmer not a dealer, if i decide to
change to a larger machine or sell either of my 8070,s i will let you know,
meanwhile here is a link to someone who might help you, good luck,
Regards
Roly Billings
http://www.aphltd.co.uk

RichardJW~

Post #48 by RichardJW~ » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:09 pm

That would be interesting....containerising a New Holland combine!!!!!

Topic author
Rolyd8k

Post #49 by Rolyd8k » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:53 am

RichardJW~ wrote:That would be interesting....containerising a New Holland combine!!!!!

:lol: would,nt it just,just dug out this old 1972 price list when i bought that 1540
the price is before discount,and wheat at £35 ton,at todays wheat price £110 ton
a new combine should be under £20,000 and not over £100,000 shit that dont add up :dizzy:

RichardJW~

Post #50 by RichardJW~ » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:25 pm

Interesting find there Roly :thumbs_up:

Mind you if you compare spec. for spec. it would be slightly different, although at the time the New Hollands were cutting edge technology.....as they still are nowadays ;) ;) ;)

http://agriculture.newholland.com/uk/en/WNH/whoweare/Pages/alonghistory.aspx

I can recall coming home to work on father's farm in May '83 when we sold barley for 110 pound a ton, beef was 1.10 per kg at market and diesel only cost about 8p a litre

Commodity prices have remained low when the cost of production has climbed over the recent years. Mind you I was reading somewhere the other day that commodity prices are set to go up, without being glib in the current situation but father says that farming usually does well in a recession
The fact that (hate the word) farming has been subsidised has meant that the consumers have bought food at an artifically low price and producers never chased after the full market value

Return to “Harvesters”