New Holland 8070

Discuss harvesters here

RichardJW~

Re: New Holland 8070

Post #21 by RichardJW~ » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:23 pm

So the combines have finished for another year, nice one Roly......ever been tempted by one of those nice shiny CSXs? :D

We've really been unlucky with the weather down here (again), on SPotlight tonight they were saying its the wettest Aug. for 100 yrs, of course the major disasters down here are all the outdoor musical festivals that they had had to cancel (the end of the world!).......well whatever.....and of course the summers were always warmer, the winters colder before blah, blah, blah.

Anyway we still got a bit of spring barley left to get off, we did cut the winter oats last Thursday but with all the wind we had lately Father thought a hoover would have been more suitable!!!

bob
Flag: Great Britain

Post #22 by bob » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:37 pm

Driving around today I have seen a lot of wheat still standing and with rain forecast for the next few days I doubt it will be finished before the weekend , according to are local paper its a record harvest with some feed wheat average 13 tonnes per ha .In the fifty's when I was at school we had a small farm (40 acres) and some years the yield was only 15cwt per acre
Bob

RichardJW~

Post #23 by RichardJW~ » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:32 pm

bob wrote:Driving around today I have seen a lot of wheat still standing and with rain forecast for the next few days I doubt it will be finished before the weekend , according to are local paper its a record harvest with some feed wheat average 13 tonnes per ha .

Bob

Yep, well Bob, its being optimistic that keeps them going.....13 tonnes but the moisture was probably up around 23% (££££££ drying costs), times they dry it down to 15% it would come out to something more realistic ............I severely doubt they turned that in around us this year.....as Roly said, a lot was sprouting in the ears.

Topic author
Rolyd8k

Post #24 by Rolyd8k » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:33 am

Bob & Richard,still a lot of wheat and beans to cut around here,there,s a big estate
near Stamford with 2500 acres left to cut,thats very worrying,hears my son and i
with our pair of old 8070,s chomping through another harvest :thumbs_up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZEOF-MHOeQ

nick lamb

Post #25 by nick lamb » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:51 pm

Hi Richard,I don't know ANYTHING about farming or things like that but that combine seems in nice order.All my local farmers up here are into those big Class things.One has even got some rubber tracks on it!

RichardJW~

Post #26 by RichardJW~ » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:36 am

nicky lamb wrote:Hi Richard,I don't know ANYTHING about farming or things like that but that combine seems in nice order.All my local farmers up here are into those big Class things.One has even got some rubber tracks on it!

Yes, its a tidy little machine, we traded an elderly New Holland for it earlier in 2006, our corn acreage has gone up lately and the predecessor wouldn't have cope - and the Old Man's nerves defintely wouldn't have - so this appeared and to all intents and purposes its a pretty straight '83 model machine. Corn prices were looking good in the spring of the year driven by many producers in the world diversifying in to bio-fuels meant this year was a bit of scarcity of good/cheap machines.

With my New Holland hat on I'd say them lime green things are a bit over-rated and definitely over priced.....luckily enough there aren't many around us.....anyway such is life....each to his own.

newjcb123uk

Post #27 by newjcb123uk » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:07 pm

Absolutlely Fab photos - sorry to talk site technical but how did you manage to upload the photos at a great viewing size without us having to double click??? :ugeek:
"A man reaps what he sows"

RichardJW~

Post #28 by RichardJW~ » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:42 am

newjcb123uk wrote:Absolutlely Fab photos - sorry to talk site technical but how did you manage to upload the photos at a great viewing size without us having to double click??? :ugeek:

Its quite easy, just involves hosting pics on another site, like Photobucket.

I usually re-size them so that 100% will fit nicely in the pane - so that's around 200kb - can be a pain if they're too big - the page takes longer to open, esp. if folks have poor connections.

something like this.......

Topic author
Rolyd8k

Post #29 by Rolyd8k » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:42 pm

RichardJW~ wrote:Yes, its a tidy little machine, we traded an elderly New Holland for it earlier in 2006, our corn acreage has gone up lately and the predecessor wouldn't have cope - and the Old Man's nerves defintely wouldn't have - so this appeared and to all intents and purposes its a pretty straight '83 model machine. Corn prices were looking good in the spring of the year driven by many producers in the world diversifying in to bio-fuels meant this year was a bit of scarcity of good/cheap machines.

yes Richard thats a good dependable machine :thumbs_up: it,ll still be going when the rest have died with electrical and micro switch problems,i,ll try and post a picture from photobucket how did you save and post three pictures together ;) hows harvest going are you getting ploughed up.

[url]Image[/url]

RichardJW~

Post #30 by RichardJW~ » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:17 pm

Roly, yep, that's right simplicity rules in a lot of things.

to get 3 (multiple) pics in the post just keep pasting in the [img]your.photo[/img] text in the box

They managed to wrap up the spring barley this past week, now busy terrifying the ground putting in stubble turnips & grass seeds (when the wind goes down a bit).....reckon drilling W.B. should start around mid. Oct.

Return to “Harvesters”