Ransomes T51D - Right hand Deck blades engage but stop as soon as the rocker switch is released.

Discuss harvesters here

Topic author
Soulman
Flag: Ireland

Ransomes T51D - Right hand Deck blades engage but stop as soon as the rocker switch is released.

Post #1 by Soulman » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:20 am

New issue on my Ransomes T51D Wide area mower with a Kubota Engine. It has 3 decks, front, left and right. The issue i have is that when i press the rocker switch to activate the right hand deck, the red light on the rocker switch is illuminated and the deck blades start rotating but as soon as i let the rocker switch return to it center position (spring loaded to center position) the right deck blades stops rotating. The blades will continue to run while i hold the rocker switch down. The other two decks are working fine. I replaced the rocker switch with a new switch to rule that out as the switch was a bit stiff but issue still remains after the new switch was fitted. I had a look at the electrical drawing and i saw that there is a relay for each deck and i interchanged the front deck relay with the right deck relay but issue is still there. I did a test where i just turned on the ignition key and then pressed the rocker switch to engage the blades on each deck. I could hear the relays engage but it seems that the right deck relay engages but does not remain engaged. The behaviour of the other decks if different. The relays for those decks seem to engage and remain engaged until the rocker switch is depressed in the other direction, which is obviously normal behaviour.

it doesn't appear to be the caused by the deck inhibitor switch as i found that if u do engage the blades and hold down the rocker switch on the console panel and then press that inhibitor switch while the blades are engaged, the blades cut off immediately so it looks like that is operating correctly. I'll check the resistance of the inhibitor switch just in case.

Would anyone have an idea of what might be wrong with the right deck or how to proceed to further debug the issue?

Slooby
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Ransomes T51D - Right hand Deck blades engage but stop as soon as the rocker switch is released.

Post #2 by Slooby » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:00 pm

Are there any other interlocks like something that confirms that the deck is properly down, or something to do with the drive?
CMN Stuff: MF65, Thwaites Nimline, JCB 3CX
Projects: S11a 88" V8 Hybrid, 2 x S111 109"s, Mk11 Mini, Harrison L5A :doh:
Ish projects: T25 Camper, ST675R
Just added: Alpine S5 & Bridgeport Mk2 :wtf:
Sorely Missed: Impreza, E39 M5

Topic author
Soulman
Flag: Ireland

Re: Ransomes T51D - Right hand Deck blades engage but stop as soon as the rocker switch is released.

Post #3 by Soulman » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:18 pm

i did some debugging and it is working again. looks like it was a bad connection on the relays where they plug into the holders.

Return to “Harvesters”