AGP Grader

Discuss graders here

Topic author
dozeron

AGP Grader

Post #1 by dozeron » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:26 pm

Heres something that might stump the panel. Its a AGP grader. A large engineering company in NZ called A & G Price built their own road grader. I think it was based on either a Wakefield or an Adams. I know it was Leyland powered. I think they sold a few. This one is at a musuem and was surposed to be restored. Dont know if it ever happened.
Dozeron.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Re: AGP Grader

Post #2 by Holger » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:46 pm

Looks like it burned :shock:
Some resources:
How-To

Ross

Post #3 by Ross » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:05 pm

Looks like it burned

Yeah looks a little toasted :|

Leyland engines :x TL6?

Ross

Deas Plant

Post #4 by Deas Plant » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi, Dozeron.
Some aspects of the AGP grader remind me of an Australian-built Goodwin grader, notably the shape of the main frame and the blade lift gears being carried on that box section beam across the main frame.

Many of the Adams graders were powered with the same donks that went into the IH TD14s and TD18s - and gave the same head-cracking problems if not idled down for 5 - 10 minutes before shutdown. Otherwise, they were not a bad grader.

I ran another grader that had a Leyland donk in it, an Aveling Barford 6x6x6, a mean beast of a machine that was incredibly hard to bog but not very user-friendly, to put it politely. They were commonly referred to as Travelling Bar-Stewards with a slight pronunciation modification.

Thanks for sharing.
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

rayman

Post #5 by rayman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:44 am

the AGP was based on "ADAMS" parts imported thru IH New Zealand. engine was either UD 14 Inter or a Leyland comet 90 the same machine was also called "Wakefield." and that "Blaw-Knox" was an orphan from WW2. as were a few "Huber-Warco" tiller steered graders. They were left behind by the U.S. sea-bees.

Return to “Graders”