Ever met anyone famous (or infamous?)?

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
SRB
Flag: Great Britain

Ever met anyone famous (or infamous?)?

Post #1 by SRB » Thu May 08, 2008 1:25 pm

Just out of curiosity (which killed the cat by the way), wandered if any members had met any famous people?

My only clame to fame is meeting Martin Johnson and a few other of members of the England rugby squad, this was a charity Go-karting event that we sponsored we ended up coming 3rd.

In the second phot i was giving it my very best, chest stuck out, belly sucked in, standing tall, and he was still 4 or 5 inch taller than me (i'm 6'1" (well, 6'5" in heels but thats only at weekends........))

Click on pic for the larger view.

SB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He who hingeth aboot, getteth hee-haw

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Ever met anyone famous (or infamous?)?

Post #2 by Martyn Henley » Thu May 08, 2008 2:57 pm

Famous or infamous, mmmm depends what way you look at it, i have met Nick Faldo and his mate Sevy at Mr Faldo's new golf club, Chart hills, doing the landscaping and bits an peices, that was back 1995 i think, but best famous person that i had the pleasure to spend a couple of hours with was Joe Bamford when i presented him with a 1/24th scale JCB 3, and that was back in 1998.

Martyn

Mike d550

Post #3 by Mike d550 » Thu May 08, 2008 4:17 pm

That Martin Johnson is a big bloke, am surprised the kart moved under his weight!

The most famous person i've met was Steven Segal, He was in Paris doing aikido of which he is an 8th Dan (apparently). A large group of us went to train with him and during the weekend i noticed whenever he wandered around the mat people would move out of his way and he would often perform a technique with someone. On the last day he was wandering about and he walked right in front of me, i stood up and he offered out his hand at which i grabbed it and he pinned me to the floor with a wrist lock !!!!!!!!! Pretty painful it was to!!!!!!!

It was a cracking weekend and one which i will not forget in a hurry!

Regards

Mike d550 8-)

martyn williams

Post #4 by martyn williams » Thu May 08, 2008 4:36 pm

Yes, all of Don Revies great Leeds United side,more recently,Eric Cantona,Gorden Strachen,I arranged for us to Visit the then Leeds manager Howard Wilkinson who then arranged for my son and I to meet the team at the training ground.My all time favorite has to be Fred Dibnah,we became friends and kept in constant touch up until his illness.We are still in contact with his family.Also when I was organizing vintage rallies we booked the Wurzels,they were fantastic.Their better halfs were from South Wales,still keep intouch with Tommy Banner,the Scottish Wurzel.
Martyn

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #5 by Holger » Thu May 08, 2008 6:36 pm

I met the former F1-racer Stefan Johansson once.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Johansson
He handed over a price for a RC-car race that I won.
Some resources:
How-To

Col 140

Post #6 by Col 140 » Thu May 08, 2008 8:25 pm

Removed
Last edited by Col 140 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ross

Post #7 by Ross » Thu May 08, 2008 9:03 pm

I met Prince Andrew (Andy AirMiles) Back in 2005.

Ross

penfold

Post #8 by penfold » Fri May 09, 2008 12:28 am

I met and had a ear bashing off sally lindsay, shelly from behind the bar in corrie,

The guy doing her driveway hired a mini, when we delivered it an needed a signiture she thought i was a fan pestering!!

as i was tellin my mate in the truck what a snotty moo she was, she was behind me :? , come to appologise, she bought her new house from her first year on corrie and had the brand new kitchen ripped out, a brand new oven was in the skip! So there i was rootin in her skip for a oven, :lol:

nick lamb

Post #9 by nick lamb » Sat May 10, 2008 11:13 pm

At the risk of sounding a bit of a gobsh#te I have landscaped Pete Watermans house with a D6,seriously upset Helen Worth(Corrie star) on boxing day a few years ago by firing up a D8K in my garden without the muffler on and I have supplied timber to a few C list stars.These were Kerry Catona(she was rum but nice),Rick Astly(who?),Dennis Taylor(snooker),Peter Frampton(rock star,I didn't meet him though)and some premiership footballers for Everton and Man utd(they don't come to the yard though so that doesn't really count.)I also have 'Spike' from the boy band '911' on account.I don't listen to his cds though!.
I would like to know Liz Hurley,Jennifer Anniston.........is this getting off topic? ;) :P

nick lamb

Post #10 by nick lamb » Sat May 10, 2008 11:16 pm

Hi Ross,by the way Prince Andrew and Fergie crashed their helecopter in a field near our yard about 12ish years ago.
He didn't get many air miles that day. :lol:

Return to “Off Topic”