No energy

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
martyn williams

No energy

Post #1 by martyn williams » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:34 pm

This week Didcot power station is to shut down after 43 years of generating electricity.The reason is that it opted out of E U emission directives.I think this closure wil put UK power generation at risk.Also there are plans to import wood chip from Canada to burn in powerstations :dizzy: This will be imported into Portbury docks Bristol. Also we will be buying more electricity from France.
We have lots of wind turbines sprouting up spoiling our wonderfull countryside in Wales,these turbines can't be used in high winds because it may damage them. As I look up the valley today,they are not running:dizzy:
We have reserves of coal that can last 30 years plus. Our open cast mines employ many people within the mine and support industries.
So why in tough economic times ,the UK is shooting itself in the foot ?
Britain should stand up to the EU and tell them to get stuffed,and we should run our country in a way that will benefit the population of this country and its needs.
I have been told that the UK may have power "outages " if electricity demand exceed supply capability.
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Re: No energy

Post #2 by martyn williams » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:37 pm

[video]http://youtu.be/p5KvJjI21i0[/video]

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #3 by martyn williams » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:06 pm

I had worked on this loco earlier that day in Avonmouth yard before it worked this final train to Didcot
[video]http://youtu.be/HY1G2fU2vKM[/video]

Jeremy Rowland

Post #4 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Martyn I whole heartedly agree with you and so does 99% of the population we have had enough of the EU including most peoples in most member states so it makes you wonder who is gaining from all of this? :think:

Jeremy

topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by topkit » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:04 pm

:twisted: I could'nt agree with you more Martyn, its about time we told the EU to get stuffed all of this scare mongering by a few people saying we would loose business is a load of Tosh! Among one of my many jobs a few years back i was a operations manager for a manufacturing company and a looked after the trade and Export sales, to The Netherlands, France, Germany, Eire, etc and i can tell you the people that i dealt with all used to say for gods sake i hope your country does not go for the Euro as its the worst thing our countries have done in their words they said they never wanted it and how expensive everything is nowadays business is business these countries need our products and we need theres so nothing will change, if we pulled out of the Eu and sorted our immigration policies out and told our Lazy sh1tes to get a job, same with the power companies that all seem to be owned by the French. In Wales we have the finest quality coal available so what do we do import it from Poland! Trouble is Martyn we are getting less and less of a say so and we are fast becoming a minority in our own country! The sooner we have an in/out vote the better, but i hope unlike Eire the goverment accepts our first vote and doesnt tell us to vote again coz they did'nt like the result of the first vote!! Rant over for now!

Ianto36

Post #6 by Ianto36 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Shutting down Didcot just as we start to electrify the Great Western! only in the UK! :dizzy:

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #7 by martyn williams » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:22 am

There is a newspaper article at our booking on point stating that Canadian woodchip is being imported to the UK for our powerstations :dizzy: Its coming into Portbury, Bristol.
A gas pipeline fractured last week, a massive gas tanker was moored off Milford to boost the UK supply :dizzy:
We are being screwed in this country but the people are just taking it, they need to wake up fast.
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #8 by martyn williams » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:31 am

[video]http://youtu.be/ms7_ZVQ4QUc[/video]

Return to “Off Topic”