a few pints

Talk about everything else here.

68a

Re: a few pints

Post #131 by 68a » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:44 am

:rockon:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

68a

Post #132 by 68a » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:05 am

Well,bank holliday came and went with abit of a hangover to say the least.
It started a few months ago when my wife and the blonde girl got yapping in the pub about going to the local music festival called Creamfields which we have to suffer every year.It's not what I would call 'easy listening' and is bloody racket actually.The Saturday morning started at 4.45 am when I dragged myself out of bed to drive to the quarry to load a D8 onto a lowloader.it was pouring with rain and chilly and did nothing to lighten my mood.I was also tired as I hadn't left the pub the night before until after midnight although I had held back on the beer.TC tractors rang me about 8am to discuss noisy pinions and that was about the last lucid conversation I had for the next 3 days.
I got home from work about 2 o'clock and tried a hot bath and a cup of tea whereupon my wife barged into the bathroom to remind me that 'we're going to Creamfields tonight wether you like it or not,so put a bloody smile on your face!'
Oh joy of all joy.........80,000 drug fuelled teanagers listening to gangster music in a rain soaked mud bath.Well I consoled myself with the fact that I could at least go the the pub first with the lads and lasses and sink a few pints before walking down to hell on earth and misery.I was wrong.The pub was shut.My Touretts kicked in at that moment.

68a

Post #133 by 68a » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:27 am

A very short time later I found myself in Big Jamies kitchen swilling pint cans of Stella down rather sharpish.His wife was doing the same with Susie and the girls so I was starting to feel better as I get quite nice with beer in me the more I drink and after about six or seven cans each(so I was told a week later) we donned wellies and boots and walked up to the festival.There were people everywhere,police,security,helicopters,tv crews and ambulances and it was quiet a buzz to be honest and by the time we got into the main arena the music(if that's what you call it) was mind blowing.I also noticed a never ending parade of girls slithering around in the mud wearing bugger all but skimpy shorts and t shirts.This cheered me up no end so I decided to stay and try to enjoy myself so the next thing to do was find a bar.It wasn't long before I found the quewe to the only bar in the place.It was about 2000 deep and I reackoned about an hour to get to the front.Bollocks to that.I scanned around for another but there wasn't one but the girls had sniffed a 'wine station' out so I went to investigate.Basically,it was a big caravan selling bottles of wine for 24 quid.No wonder there was no quewe.I bought 4 bottles and so did Big Jamie.we gave one each to the girls and kept three each for ourselves incase it got busy later.I took a slug and it wasn't so bad really and if girls can drink it.......
Sometime later it hit me.Now,I don't drink anything but beer as a rule and that's a formula that I'm going to stick to in the future.
The wine made my legs go abit funny.They wouldn't work properly and this annoyed me to the point of frustration.

68a

Post #134 by 68a » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:45 am

For some reason my legs started to wander and as I tried to correct them in the muddy ground they started to gallop away from me on their own accord and gather an alarming amount of momentum as I swerved across the field.This was bad.The two policemen that I crashed into thought it was bad too,especially the one I knocked over into the slurry.To be fair to them they were sound and did try to pick me up.It wasn't happening though as my legs just wouldn't work.I have no futher memory of what happened next until one of the wives found me slumped over a crowd controle barrier at the lost property tent drying out.I was asleep apparently.My next blurred memory was of being dragged back down the field by my wife and her friends and Stuart.Big Jamie had disappeared(His wife later received a call from the police station where he was nursing a black eye).I must have been in good form as everybody was laughing at me until I went off and started zigzagging across the field again colliding with more of those crowd controle barriers which were bolted together.They went down like dominoes and I'm told that about ten of them went over.

68a

Post #135 by 68a » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:17 am

And so the journey home began....I was dragged or walked about a mile until somebody helped out by loading me into the boot of a Skoda and dumping me into a field near Stuarts farmhouse where a quadbike was waiting to take me on the next leg of the trek.I can remember Colin the farmer lifting me onto the dog tray at the front of the bike and the girls were in the trailer whilst we bounced across the fields and tracks towards home.At some point the enevitable piss stop for the girls was had and I must have took the opertunity to see if my legs had started working again.They hadn't.I went head first down a ditch that was at the bottom of the hill and decided that it was rather comfortable down there and refused to get out.I woke up sometime later to find Colin and Stuart roping me up and winching me out of the ditch with another quad that had turned up from somewhere.This operation was hampered by the fact that everyone was literally falling over laughing at me.
Anyway.......I was driven home to my gates which my wife had had the forsight to leave open and I was driven down the drive and delivered to my front door where I went to sleep on the step.
I was very fragile for the next few days..

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #136 by bigkit » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:44 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

68a

Post #137 by 68a » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:50 am

bigkit wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Clive,Have you bought a D6D in your photo comp pic? it looks great.
I also have some pics of a nice Scania V780 ? that moved one of the D8's.It's Charles Russels truck and very nice.The load was out of my hands as I would have given you the nod mate.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #138 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:03 pm

:lol: :lol: What was that about girls and wine? :lol: One lesson hard learned by me years ago about mixing drinks......... not good....... burp...... hic............... puke! As for noisy concerts in the mud :wtf: I could put up with the girls in skimpy outfits but as for the racket and the mud I'll give that a miss ta ;)
On a different note good to see that TC is okay and that you are keeping him busy. :thumbup:

Jeremy

68a

Post #139 by 68a » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:41 pm

saw to hymacs actually working right next to j7 m56 yesterday.manchester.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #140 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:47 pm

68a wrote:saw to hymacs actually working right next to j7 m56 yesterday.manchester.

Old looking machines or restored?

Jeremy

Return to “Off Topic”