Books.

Talk about everything else here.

tim
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Books.

Post #11 by tim » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:26 pm

Hi Jeremy I think it's a good book with good pics. It was strange to see truck cranes used with wrecking balls as opposed to crawler cranes normally used in the UK Tim

d4c24a

Post #12 by d4c24a » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:35 pm

Maurice sanders ,stories of round timber haulage, men , mud, and machines
earth and tree moving in war and peace, 1 and 2 wood Wurlitzer's and Wesley and muck shifting for king George these are some great books with brilliant stories and pictures :thumbs_up:
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

John Gaunt

Post #13 by John Gaunt » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:25 am

I've just read the Alexander Botts books (fictitious) about a Caterpillar tractor salesman in the 1920's / 30's the're a good read. I think they came from Nynehead (was a Christmas present).

filip
Flag: Italy

Post #14 by filip » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Hello, I write from Italy, sorry for my bad and poor english.

I want some informations about Peter Grimshaw's books...
Does the book The amazing history of excavators volume 2 exist?
Which are the differences between Excavators and The amazing history of excavators?

Jeremy Rowland

Post #15 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:58 am

filip wrote:Hello, I write from Italy, sorry for my bad and poor english.

I want some informations about Peter Grimshaw's books...
Does the book The amazing history of excavators volume 2 exist?
Which are the differences between Excavators and The amazing history of excavators?

Welcome Filip :wave: I have the first book that you have mentioned here and I don't think there was ever a volume 2, it is an excellent book.

Jeremy

filip

Post #16 by filip » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:59 am

Ok, I have purchased The Amazing History of Excavators about 6-7 years ago! It's a very very interesting book and today I think it is rare.
I would these informations because the books of earthmovers are rare in Italy and probably are more common on England...

modelman093

Post #17 by modelman093 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:32 pm

d4c24a wrote:Maurice sanders ,stories of round timber haulage, men , mud, and machines
earth and tree moving in war and peace, 1 and 2 wood Wurlitzer's and Wesley and muck shifting for king George these are some great books with brilliant stories and pictures :thumbs_up:

If you enjoy the Maurice Sanders books you will probably like A Woodman's Tale by John Cooper (Cambrian Printers Ltd., Aberystwyth, SY23 3TN.
A very entertaining collection of one page stories told by a man with a lifetime in tree surgery, timber felling and hauling and stump blasting. Lots of good photos and pen and ink drawings illustrating the exploits and misfortunes of the author and others that he has known

filip

Post #18 by filip » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:37 pm

I would more informations about Jcb diamond jubilee book. I'm seeing some copies on ebay, but the sellers don't sending the book in italy... Why? Is it a heavy book?

XS650

Post #19 by XS650 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:46 am

I find Amazon great for SECOND HAND books , if you see a title you fancy have a look there . I have bought some books for 1p plus postage .
Not all those who wander are lost.

v64paul

Post #20 by v64paul » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:29 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ctg/Moz-My-Story-Adrian-Morley-Hardback-2012-/128947268
This combines two threads really, obviously it's a book but it involves an interest of mine outside of working with spanners. Adrian is captain of the rugby league team i support, the Warrington Wolves. To say he has packed a lot into his 35 tears so far is a bit of an understatement. I was a latecomer to rugby, prior to this i had no interest in sport to speak of. To watch these guys perform is jaw dropping, there is simply no comparison to football. Another thing that impressed me was the respect they have for the match officials. To see big hard men being called to the ref for a bollocking, taking it and playing on is a sight for sore eyes. Injuries ? don't get me started! Google Paul Wood, another of our players. In last years grand final, he suffered quite a painful injury and played on for a further 20 minutes. Adrian's book is truly inspirational.
there are old fitters and bold fitters but no old bold fitters...

Return to “Off Topic”