What machinery do YOU personally own?

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
FordsonMajor

What machinery do YOU personally own?

Post #1 by FordsonMajor » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi guys, not sure if theres one of these threads already just bored at home on a friday night ( comes with having no friends) and i though i would ask the question what do YOU own. Of course you dont have to post if you dont want to but just interesting to see the diversity of equipment people own. Ill try and find my camera cable and take a few snaps of my Dennis firepump from the 60's i think it is i havent got any history on it but i saved it from the scrap merchants and just waiting on some employment to help start the resto process :thumbup: oh and i didnt know what sort of topic this should go under so i put it here so admin sorry in advance if it has to be moved.

Lindsay
Enfield Logic: Who cares if the Mauser can handle a stronger cartridge? While you're still working you're Mauser action to make up for you're miss, my 2nd round is already there.

martyn williams

Re: What machinery do YOU personally own?

Post #2 by martyn williams » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:06 pm

You have got friends on here mate. :wave:
I have been very lucky in picking up items of classic plant,got 11 at the moment.My Cat 933 is now in a private museum.
My favorite machines are the 22 RB,580c Hymac, Drott loaders ,the older Caterpillar machines such as the D2,4's and 8's.also road rollers of Aveling Barford.
Martyn

Topic author
FordsonMajor

Post #3 by FordsonMajor » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:37 am

Most kind of you Martyn:), sounds like you will need a bigger back garden soon haha. I got a phone call from a guy from the tractor museum and he told me that he has a mate who knows a guy who wants rid of about 11 stationary engines and he was going to scrap them if nobody took them so the museum said we would take them, guess whos going on saturday to help load haha.

Lindsay
Enfield Logic: Who cares if the Mauser can handle a stronger cartridge? While you're still working you're Mauser action to make up for you're miss, my 2nd round is already there.

XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by XS650 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:06 am

A 76 Triumph Bonneville , no room for a Whitlock 605 in my thirties semi , :( sadly.
In fact the garage seems to have been built to close fit an Austin Seven :)
Not all those who wander are lost.

Topic author
FordsonMajor

Post #5 by FordsonMajor » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:48 am

haha, well thats alright if you're an Austin 7 collector :P

Return to “Off Topic”