First letter sent....

Talk about everything else here.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: First letter sent....

Post #111 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:54 pm

bigkit wrote:Good luck, nice to see someone with the motivation to pursue what they want to do :thumbup: (and not find a reason why they cant!)

Seconded Clive :thumbup: go for it Ben why not!

Jeremy

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #112 by Joes1989 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:00 pm

Hey Ben,

Who have you emailed mate?

When you pass and are on a site regularly,if you need any help or advice on how to tackle any job just ask on here mate! we will all try to help and i will try my best to help you out if its ever needed!

Joe

Topic author
ben_uk

Post #113 by ben_uk » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:02 pm

Joes1989 wrote:Hey Ben,

Who have you emailed mate?

When you pass and are on a site regularly,if you need any help or advice on how to tackle any job just ask on here mate! we will all try to help and i will try my best to help you out if its ever needed!

Joe

Thanks Joe much appreciated, sure I'm gonna have plenty of questions when I get going.

Just been over to the CPCS training centre, CTA in Doncaster ( http://www.cta.construction/ ) and done my Health, Safety and environment test which I passed.

I now start the 360 course on Monday 16th March! nice quick turn around.

Looks like ill be doing it on a JCB JS130 cant wait to get in the seat!

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #114 by Joes1989 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:03 pm

You'll be doing it on s JS of some sort mate! I believe CTA and T C Harrison have a deal to supply machines to train on!

Topic author
ben_uk

Post #115 by ben_uk » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:01 pm

What a great week of training its been, in the seat of a JCB JS130 every day and loved it!

I can highly recommend CTA (http://www.cta.construction/) for any training/ticket needs, great setup, friendly and helpful staff and modern machines to train/work on!

So glad I've decided to go for it and make it happen so I can start working with plant/diggers!

It feels good to have passed the theory and practical tests yesterday but I always knew doing a 5 day course is not going to turn me into a skilled operator still got plenty to learn and I just need time in the seat to fine tune my controls and up my speed.

Now I've passed the CPCS tests and got a red card I need to find some suitable work for someone in my position.

Spoken to a few agencies around Nottingham and registered yesterday afternoon. I have no references so its going to be difficult to get going I'm willing to travel further than normal just to get going and even take a cut in hourly pay because of my inexperience.

Don't want to bullsh*it my way into a job because I'll end up being chucked off the site if I make a pigs ear of something, rather me up front and honest and see what happens.

Fingers crossed an opportunity comes up soon!

Thanks Ben :)

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #116 by Mrsmackpaul » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:05 pm

sounds like a plan to me Ben :thumbup:

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Return to “Off Topic”