Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Does anybody know Mr Construction/Mr Constructions

Post #1 by Holger » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:27 am

Does anybody know those companies?
http://www.mr-constructions.co.uk
(and http://www.mr-construction.co.uk)

In Sweden we have had several adverts for machines leading back to the first company. The adverts are shown with "stolen" pictures from other sites and absurd low prices, fishing for advance payment or tricks with cost for transportation payed in advance ...

Maybe those companies are not involved at all, and just are used as cover. But maybe somebody here knows something about this?
Some resources:
How-To

jcb4cx
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Does anybody know Mr Construction/Mr Constructions

Post #2 by jcb4cx » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:56 pm

lots of this happening here in the uk ,truck/plant trader is full of bogus ads ,farmers weekly ,farmers trader .i see they are on to ebay too
pictures are mainly of american equipment ,and usually something worth £ 40.000 is on sale for £ 8.000
simple rules apply if its too cheap its not genuine

text below from a member of BFF british farming forum

Came across this item, thought that it would be wise to share the info here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1107562283...84.m1423.l2649

As the auction has only a day to run I will copy and paste the text from it below.

I am not selling a tractor but advising you of a scam!
We have been very painfully scammed out of a large amount of money.
This is how it was worked .
The description and photos of the tractor were lifted from a Dealers web site and listed on eBay. It was supposed to be on Orkney and delivery was included. Requests for more photos were not able to be met as " working away". Unable to speak to seller on phone as got "a hearing problem after a road accident 2 months ago, very sorry". All perfectly feasible of course. "I will end auction and sell for a figure and complete the transaction in safe mode through eBay".
An invoice was sent to my email address which looked absolutely authentic.
'Payment must be sent by Bank transfer. If any other method is used it will void this transaction and your right to refund '.
In the Purchase protection and refund section, of what I was sent, it said.....
' Currently this seller has £X deposit In an eBay Managed Purchase Protection account. This account was locked today for 90 days. no money can be withdrawn from it during that time until you say the transaction has been satisfactorily completed. Any problems eBay will immeadiately give a full refund.' Not all of the exact words used but that was what it said. Many reassuring words but completely false and empty we now discover!
I suggest...
If you are going to spend an appreciable amount of money, to try to avoid similar problems, try Googling the item and if you find it on a dealers web site ring them up to see where it was sold to. (Apparently ours is not an isolated case.)
Use an IP locator to find where the emails come from. (plenty on the web and find originating IP in header of email)
There is NO such thing as a safe mode transaction except through Paypal, however reassuring the supplied words.
Be very suspicious of the words eBay's Square Trade Center and also eBay's Safe Harbor Team, which were in the small print.
Since this has happened we have found that the Dealer whose pictures etc were used was in Scotland, the phone number supplied to eBay was in the Midlands and not in use, the bank account was in London and the emails came from Germany!
This scammer has not produced this invoice quickly or easily so I am sure it is actually being sold to similar minded people.
It was a MF 362 so if you were bidding on it, thank your lucky stars you didnt get it!!!!
Do not place any bids because there is no tractor, or anything else, for sal
every village has one , is yours missing you

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Does anybody know Mr Construction/Mr Constructions

Post #3 by Martyn Henley » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Just goes to show you cant be too careful these days ...

Return to “Off Topic”