Help to identify area/badge Please?

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
Gordon Wil
Flag: Great Britain

Help to identify area/badge Please?

Post #1 by Gordon Wil » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:19 pm

Hi do not know if this can be identified by any of you guys out there, but I took this pic many years back at a accident, of a skip lorry and trailer that went down into a ditch.
I thought it was Hertfordshire or Northhants, but can not reconize the Police badge!
Any help would be welcome if poss please! I do have a pic of the lorry when I can find it too.
This was in the days I used to take Emergancy vehicles mainly.

Live in hope Gordon W.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nick lamb

Re: Help to identify area/badge Please?

Post #2 by nick lamb » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:20 pm

is it from the Sweeney? :lol:

Topic author
Gordon Wil

Post #3 by Gordon Wil » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:27 pm

Nice one :dizzy: Tried to find the other pics of the truck but can not put me hands on them at moment!

Hugh Jaleak

Post #4 by Hugh Jaleak » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:59 am

Not 100% sure about the badge, but definately a Northants registration. NH, NV, RP last 2 of the 3 letters refer to area of issue. (The days when the cops round here actually did something instead of sitting in their Talivan's all day, nicking speeding drivers.... :evil:)

Topic author
Gordon Wil

Post #5 by Gordon Wil » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:37 pm

Hi Nick, thanks for the info, I had found out the Reg was N/Hants, but still no luck with the force. Have just recently sent an email to the N/Hants police for there help, heared nothing yet.

Gordon W. :dizzy:

Hugh Jaleak

Post #6 by Hugh Jaleak » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:15 am

Dont hold your breath with this lot.... My partner has an injunction against her ex, he's a nasty piece of work with a list of convictions as long as your arm. We've now run into double figures on breaches of injunctions, and over 30 incidents of harassment against her mother and sisters and STILL they haven't managed to arrest him. "We cant find him" is usual excuse. Like he's going to answer the door to them.....

Topic author
Gordon Wil

Post #7 by Gordon Wil » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi all thanks for trying to help with this. Found out it was in Bedforshire.
But wonder if any on here can reconize the area of the two pics added. May be near truck stops. Thanks in advance.
Gordon W.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BulldozerD11

Post #8 by BulldozerD11 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:55 pm

Gordon Wil wrote:Hi all thanks for trying to help with this. Found out it was in Bedfordshire.
But wonder if any on here can recognize the area of the two pics added. May be near truck stops. Thanks in advance.
Gordon W.

Interesting photos Gordon

2nd and 4 look like motorway service areas to me but the 1970s were along time back !!!

There are some police vehicle preservation groups so they may know were motorway patrol stations located at service areas were. The one with the Capres and Range Rovers etc in yellow are particularly distinctive so may be a big clue.

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Topic author
Gordon Wil

Post #9 by Gordon Wil » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:55 pm

Many thanks Dave, yes will try them. Why do we always think " I will remember this " But never do.
Gordon

BulldozerD11

Post #10 by BulldozerD11 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:23 am

Gordon Wil wrote:Many thanks Dave, yes will try them. Why do we always think " I will remember this " But never do.
Gordon

After 30 years or more it gets abit hard to remember were things were without a few clues.

At least with old photos you could right on the back digi one are a bit harder. I often take extra ones of signs or badges to identify photos with latter. I also split them into groups now by date and name the event or town visited.

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Return to “Off Topic”