Custom model de-cals

Discuss earthmoving models here

Topic author
Digga dan

Custom model de-cals

Post #1 by Digga dan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Right so a few months ago my new nzg hitachi 1000k long reach relaxed over night causing it to fall off the shelf about 2meters to the floor!! As a result two of the cylinders were damaged on the boom!! After contacting NZG and explaining the situation they have sent me a complete long reach boom this morning which I think is amazing customer service!! Any way this now leaves me with a spare long reach boom with broken cylinders that I am planning on fixing and converting another model but I am stuck with what to do regarding de-cals do does anyone know where I can get custom ones made?
Cheers in advance
Dan

grant
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Custom model de-cals

Post #2 by grant » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Try this guy here he made these up for me not the greatest quality but there not bad http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIKU-BRITAINS-UH-CONVERSION-MODEL-1-32-DECALS-60-YEARS-JCB-/251093937399?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item3a765d6cf7 it's an absolute nightmare trying to get decals made I even emailed a couple of people who customise model tractors but they didn't even have the decency to reply there is definitely an opening for someone making custom decals

niner

Post #3 by niner » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:30 pm

They dont look too bad.

I dont think many admit to making decals due to copyright, I have looked into it but it's having the time.

RMFurniss

Post #4 by RMFurniss » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:41 pm

I've made some of my own using clear decal paper, they're OK, but limited to what I can do with an inkjet printer. I can't do white or silver etc. - I understand the printer to have was an Alps printer which could do white, but these are now long discontinued and second hand one's are expensive.

There was a guy in the North West UK that used to make them - i'll see if I can find the details as i'm not sure he's still going.

Richard

Topic author
Digga dan

Post #5 by Digga dan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:28 pm

That would be brilliant rich, the stuff I'm after is pretty basic anyway as I have the van vliet nzg hitachi 1000 short demo model in yellow so it's only a few letters in red and a basic looking logo which consists of red yellow and a bit of black.
I'm quite the heavy handed person so I don't think making my own would be very successful so being able to buy them pre-made would be ideal+ at some point I want to have a go at making my own long reach demo booms (as I can't find anyone who makes anywhere!!) so I would need a source for future work anyway
Cheers dan

RMFurniss

Post #6 by RMFurniss » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:10 am

Dan,

sent you a PM.

Richard

grant

Post #7 by grant » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:38 pm

niner wrote:They dont look too bad.

I dont think many admit to making decals due to copyright, I have looked into it but it's having the time.

There not too bad it's just the yellow it's a bit too lemon I actually thought about taking a picture on my mobile then going to one of the machines in boots or somewhere that you print them off and cutting them out at least they would be exact replicas

L.Kezz

Post #8 by L.Kezz » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:06 am

I made my own decals once, it's a pain getting them the right size but in the end they looked pretty decent, next time, I would like to use proper de cal paper for them though just to try and get them as realistic as possible..
Cheers

L.Kezz

clockworklozenge1

Post #9 by clockworklozenge1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:00 pm

I am having the same problems right now-I sent a few emails to this guy http://www.dodgersdecals.com/ to make me some Shands decals ,he seemed keen at first ,Its now been a fortnight without so much as an email confirming the details of my order ? If some one doesnt want to do the task it would be decent enough of them to tell me so I can look elsewhere, There used to be a fella on ebay whos title was constructionmodeldecals- he had some great stock transfers to purchase but has also slipped off the radar-

Return to “Earthmoving models”