Arrived today- CCM CAT D10

Discuss earthmoving models here

Topic author
niner

Arrived today- CCM CAT D10

Post #1 by niner » Wed May 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Chuffed to bits when this arrived today after a 10 day wait! It's an amazing model, well detailed and put together, it will sit nicely alongside my Komatsu 375 :)

Anyway, some pics.

It survived the trip over from the US without any damages, only issue is the Caterpillar decal on the front is missinng some of the P and the L. No real dramas there.

Digga dan

Re: Arrived today- CCM CAT D10

Post #2 by Digga dan » Wed May 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Nice looking model there mart, your gathering quite a collection of ccm's now

Topic author
niner

Post #3 by niner » Wed May 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Cheers Dan,

Yeah the collection is coming along nice, thats it now though until the 777 truck arrives on the scene, the CCM stuff has just become too easy to get hold of and it's flippin expensive.

I dont plan on buying anymore models for a while now (he says :D ) I want to put my time into finishing my WA900 wheel loader and PC1100 and doing a couple of dios.

FatCatGotHot
Flag: Germany

Post #4 by FatCatGotHot » Mon May 28, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi Martin,

this is such a nice model, congratulations! A real must-have. Thank you for the detail shots of it- it's just amazing how good scale models have become in the last 10 years. The only way I would know to improve it would be to put a kind of plugs into the holes of the radiator mounts, just at the bottom of the radiator housing, but I don't have any idea which paint code would match this Cat yellow. And maybe a spade or a shovel put into the handrails at the rops, just for cleaning the high-drive-undercarriage.

Could you post pictures of the bellypans and the equalizer bar? I realy like the details of the "Down Under" side of my 1/87 D11R and I wonder how CCM realized it on the D10.

Cheers,
Max

Topic author
niner

Post #5 by niner » Wed May 30, 2012 11:19 pm

FatCatGotHot wrote:Hi Martin,

this is such a nice model, congratulations! A real must-have. Thank you for the detail shots of it- it's just amazing how good scale models have become in the last 10 years. The only way I would know to improve it would be to put a kind of plugs into the holes of the radiator mounts, just at the bottom of the radiator housing, but I don't have any idea which paint code would match this Cat yellow. And maybe a spade or a shovel put into the handrails at the rops, just for cleaning the high-drive-undercarriage.

Could you post pictures of the bellypans and the equalizer bar? I realy like the details of the "Down Under" side of my 1/87 D11R and I wonder how CCM realized it on the D10.

Cheers,
Max

Hi Max,

Thanks for the coments.

Im not at home now to take pictures for you, I will be back next week, as soon as I am I will get some posted up for you. :thumbup:

Topic author
niner

Post #6 by niner » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:21 pm

Max,

I hope these are the pics you asked for.

Return to “Earthmoving models”