Norscot/ACMOC Model Program

Discuss earthmoving models here

Topic author
alan627b

Norscot/ACMOC Model Program

Post #1 by alan627b » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:15 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Gavin84W, Chugwater Crawlers, and others interested in the model program.

Yesterday, 13 April, Dave Tallon, Tricia, and I met with Norscot people. From that meeting came some clarity on the Norscot/ACMOC model plans.

First, Norscot stated that in their opinion the antique machine model market will be a more active market this year and in years to come due to the fact that Cat management is increasing its focus on company heritage. Accordingly, they are interested in doing more models with ACMOC than the normal one per year.

ACMOC will be working with Norscot on the following models.
-D7 3T in 1:87 scale to be available as a rail flatcar load or as an individual model.
-#12 open station in 1:87 scale to also be available as a load or an individual model.
-D7 (most likely a C) in 1:50 scale. This model will further utilize existing tooling. It will be offered as an individual model and possibly in a set.
-Terracer (Not sure of the model number yet) in 1:16 scale as an implement for the Norscot Twenty-Two crawler. It could also be “pulled” by an R2 or the Norscot Twenty as well as others. This model would be offered in a set with the Twenty-Two and individually.

Some of these will be introduced in the 2010 calendar year, and some in 2011.

Please ask any questions, but be aware I may not have all the answers as yet. Dave T. is working on answers to some of our questions, which will probably be some of your questions as well. Also, keep in mind these models will be marketed by Norscot in the traditional manner and will not be ACMOC exclusive models.

Personally, I’m excited about the Terracer model. I think it, hitched to the R2, Twenty-Two, or Twenty, will make a nice display.

Regards,
Lee

I'm just passing this along....
All information provided is courtesy of and credited to Lee Sorbel on the ACMOC forum posted today.
http://www.acmocbb.org/ACMOC_BB/index.php
Thought you all might like to know.
Alan627b
Retro Grading, We Do Modern Jobs with Antique Machinery

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Re: Norscot/ACMOC Model Program

Post #2 by Holger » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:29 am

Thank you Alan!
Some resources:
How-To

Topic author
alan627b

Re: Norscot/ACMOC Model Program

Post #3 by alan627b » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:09 pm

Pics of the new DW20 tractor ion 1/25. As posted by Catalac. Thanks, Lee.
http://www.acmocbb.org/ACMOC_BB/showthread.php?t=9010
Hi Everyone,

Here are a few pictures of the first DW20 model. This model is assembled with components from the first shots off the tools. Dave Tallon is reviewing the model, then it will be presented to the Cat TML people for their pre-production approval.

Please note that the windshield frame is not painted on this model, but will be on the production models.

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Retro Grading, We Do Modern Jobs with Antique Machinery

Return to “Earthmoving models”