BTD 6 DROTT LOADER

Discuss earthmoving models here

Topic author
martyn williams

BTD 6 DROTT LOADER

Post #1 by martyn williams » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:26 pm

Just received my Drott from Kent Vintage diggers. I think Martyn Henley has captured the machine very well.This Drott must have been hard to produce due to its design.
My example is in red and fitted with cab and ripper (will post pictures of it shortly) Even the rubber beading on the cab glazing has been well done.
His firm will be featured in CLASSIC PLANT & MACHINERY magazine shortly. He also plans to produce a B100 with JCB backhoe in the near future.
WEBSITE http://www.kentvintagediggers.co.uk
And have a look at my Drott site
http://www.freewebs.com/internationaldrottclub
Regards
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Re: BTD 6 DROTT LOADER

Post #2 by martyn williams » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:33 pm

Pictures of BTD6 DROTT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nick Drew

Post #3 by Nick Drew » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:14 pm

Hi Martyn,

Well what can I say....Those models are amazing!!!

Have you had any problems with delivery from Mr Henelly ??

I have read elsewhere that quite a few people had paid for models but not received them??

Nick :?

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #4 by martyn williams » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:39 pm

The reason for delay were production problems which are now resolved. There has been a big demand for the Hymac 580c. My 580 was delivered promptly. Anyone still waiting should contact him straight away as he was swamped with the demand. I helped with the measurements with the BTD6.A yellow version is also available.He is planning a BTD6 dozer for release in the future.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #5 by Holger » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:32 pm

Mr Henley is a member here in the forum. :D
Maybe he can give us an overview over the future plans? :thumbs_up:
Some resources:
How-To

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #6 by Martyn Henley » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:55 am

Hi .. firstly i would like to say a big thank you to Martyn Williams for his help in the making this model, his help has enabled me to creat the model we have today.
It has been a long road to get this far, seeing as i first started making this model last christmas, but i had to get this model right.
My biggest problem was keeping up with demand, and this was my big downfall, did not realise how well my models would sell, but i think we have overcome this now, trouble was with trying to do it all myself and it just got to much, so i had to look to either go forward or sink, when i first started back up again i only intended to do 2 models a week, just to make a living, but i never realised how popular my models would be.
But time has now gone on and since march we have invested in our own casting machine,learning how to cast and doing mouldings, spray booth and 2 more model makers and a little industrial unit, strangly enough its the same unit i started KCPM up some years back, but all this has been made possible by our main distributor Mr Chris Mclaughlin of CJM plant models, but we have been able to produce a better model than ever before, build up stock for CJM models and clear the back orders.
For the furture, there will be a skid bucket version of the TD6 and a dozer version hopefully by christmas, hopefully we shall producing a very limited polished metal version of the model next year, but this will be a very limited run of 25, dont forget there will only be 100 made of the btd6 of all versions.
Next we will be doing the B100 and B100 with JCB 2D backhoe, and to go with this range the Bristol Taurus, JCB 110 and massey 244/200, but all this planned for next year, along with some early JCBs and large scale Hymac and JCB 7,6C models.
But all i can say is if we dont have what you want in stock dont worry we wont be taking any money from anyone till we do have it in stock and ready to ship out to you.

Best regards
Martyn Henley.. the kent vintage digger model company Ltd.

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #7 by Martyn Henley » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:20 am

red and yellow versions
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #8 by Holger » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:37 am

Wow Martyn! Those models are incredible!
Very welcome to CMN!

It would be VERY interesting to see pictures of the production process, from planning til "delivery".
:thumbs_up:

/Holger
Some resources:
How-To

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #9 by martyn williams » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:44 pm

Out of interest, what machines would you like to see scale models of ? Another favorite of mine would be a 22RB dragline in 1/25 scale. Well done to Kent vintage diggers for producing classic British machines in model form.

PS I have been asked by members of the REDPOWER website about models of the north American versions of Drott loaders.
Martyn, I think with minor modification this could be done,you will need a bigger factory mate.

Niklas Eriksson

Post #10 by Niklas Eriksson » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:49 pm

Very interesting cab design indeed!
//Niklas Eriksson

Return to “Earthmoving models”