Retro Grading Gets a New Shop

Discuss earthmoving models here

Crane.Blogger

Re: Retro Grading Gets a New Shop

Post #11 by Crane.Blogger » Wed May 23, 2012 5:55 am

alan627b wrote:Progress has been slow on this project, I went to a model train show last weekend and found a crane I can make work for the shop. I can't find an overhead crane in 1/48 (O) scale, but I found one in HO that will work in the "little" shop.
I went to the hobby stores today and picked up most of the supplies I'l need to adapt this kit to my shop building, and build the supports for the rail the crane runs on. I'm also going to build a couple of swing arm cranes in the shop, so the "fitters" won't get hernias!
If anybody wants to post pics of their shop, I'll take all the ideas I can get. Little details make the difference.
Similar to these. I have to lengthen this one by about 3 1/2 inches, I'll leave the operators cab off the model. it's a 1/87 scale model of a 150? ton Brownhoist, but it looks right for a 1/48 scale 40 or so ton jobber. Perspective of scale and all that.
alan627b

that is really cool! I have been looking for an overhead crane model for a long time. they are so hard to come by! Where did you find it? Do you have more?
Konecranes USA an Overhead Crane Manufacturer

Return to “Earthmoving models”