Longreach Hitachi ZX470 boom and arm

Discuss earthmoving models here

Topic author
Gerard

Longreach Hitachi ZX470 boom and arm

Post #1 by Gerard » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:54 pm

So after a bit of searching and ebaying I've final acquired another ZX450-3 from Ertl. Now the question is where would I get a longreach boom and arm suitable to change over? I had a look at https://cimodels.com/collections/40-ton-boom-kits which are currently out of stock. I'm not too sure if I've the patience and the time to try and make one.
What have you guys done??

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Longreach Hitachi ZX470 boom and arm

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:05 pm

Gerard these days I don't have time to modify models, in fact I have a load of plastic model kits languishing in the house waiting for the day they will never get built :oops: have Cimodels indicated when/if they will have anymore long reach stuff in stock?

If you have the time and skill then making your own appears to be an option; you can always see how it turns out first before taking you die-cast model to bits, good luck let us know how you get on.

Jeremy

Topic author
Gerard

Re: Longreach Hitachi ZX470 boom and arm

Post #3 by Gerard » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:46 pm

Jeremy
Thanks for the reply, I have sent an email and currently waiting to hear back from them. I would like to try and make my own but time to sit and start to it with work is a bit hard at the minute, plus having a 2 year old who is happy to help could make it interesting. Will see what happens

Gerard

Return to “Earthmoving models”