Help with scale of a model

Discuss earthmoving models here

Topic author
grant
Flag: Great Britain

Help with scale of a model

Post #1 by grant » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi there this is probably going to sound a bit silly but if a model is a scale 1.25 what dies that mean in comparison to a real machine reason I ask is i'am trying to customise a model of mine and I want to get a decal made to scale

Martyn Henley

Re: Help with scale of a model

Post #2 by Martyn Henley » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi Grant, no its not a silly question, now if you measure the life size decal in millimetres, then divide the measurement by 25 that will be the scale measurement you require .. example ... 900mm divide by 25, equals 36, so the scale size you want will be 36mm.

Hope this helps
Martyn

Topic author
grant

Re: Help with scale of a model

Post #3 by grant » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi martyn thanks for your help I sort of thought that was the case but I wasn't sure i'am trying to make up a boom badge for my 60 years conversion boom badge I got ones made up the guy has done a good job but I think they look a little bit on the big side and also the guy gas used the pre year 2000 badge I shall have to try and get hold of someone with the real machine and see if they would be kind enough to measure the badge I emailed jc balls a while back but had no response so I might try sending a message through there digger dance Facebook page

Return to “Earthmoving models”