dumper hydraulics

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
old gag

dumper hydraulics

Post #1 by old gag » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi does any one know how much the hydraulic tank holds on a thwaites 400 4 wheel drive and how many gal a minute the pump pushes out?.thanks Alan

essexpete

Re: dumper hydraulics

Post #2 by essexpete » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:37 am

Would this be linked to your previous post? I have an old 4000 and I doubt the standard tank would be sufficient to run a small diggerin terms of capacity and heat dissipation. I would also think that the standard pump might not have enough output for an excavator. I stand to be corrected.

Topic author
old gag

Re: dumper hydraulics

Post #3 by old gag » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi yes it is to do with that I hope to be picking a 400 up in a few weeks, I realize that the tank and pump may have to be changed,
I have since my last post found out some more information about the backhoe. it needs a 20lt tank. operating pressure is 1800 psi. system capacity is 12 quarts. flow is 4 gal minute. so I take it that I need a 4 gallon tank which is under 20lt and obviously a pump that does 4 gal a minute. If any one can offer some advice about the best machine to use would be appreciated. As it is now I am not committed to buy the 400 yet, I have tried to download the thwaites manual on here but it says the file is damaged and adobe reader cant open it.

I will just give a bit of background of my reasons for this project.We have bought an old barn and stables in France which needs total renovation and conversion. There is just on an acre of land with lots of bushes and small trees on it and some funny little hills that need leveling
and plenty of other ground works. A mini digger would be ideal but it is out of our price range I am just looking for a cheaper solution to do what I have to do even if it takes a bit longer time scale is not a problem. thanks Alan

Return to “Dumpers”