Liner rough rider forklift

Discuss dumpers here

BulldozerD11

Re: Liner rough rider forklift

Post #11 by BulldozerD11 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:55 am

r856mhg wrote:Many thanks Dave, I got there in the end ! :thumbup:

Well done !!

Looks an interesting machine. Cameron Gardner are better know for tractor loaders but also built Forklift attachments for tractors. They still exist today owned y Alo AB of Sweden or Finland i think it is along with Trima loaders.

is it for Work or Play ?

Dont see many forklift type machine at shows

But there was a immaculate manitou at Banbury the other year and I have seen a ex MOD machine at another one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Topic author
r856mhg

Post #12 by r856mhg » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:19 pm

At the moment she is working, i first came accross this machine when i was an apprentice to a local contractors in the late 80's, they'd owned the machine from new and unfortunatley went into receivership just before christmas. Knowing the owner quite well i took it off his hands. Everything works as it should and still has a current LOLA cert. I am hoping when time allows to get the machine shot blasted and repainted, gearbox needs a look at as it keeps jumping out of 3rd. To be honest i have never seen or heard of any more of these machines but would like to know more about the history of them, if anyone can help. The company ran all sorts of plant including JCB 3CII's, International Drotts, and a variety of RB's. Looking around, the yard has hardly changed in 25 years, in fact the owner says it not changed much as lon as he's been alive, a real aladdins cave of vintage small plant and tools.

BulldozerD11

Post #13 by BulldozerD11 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:17 am

r856mhg wrote:At the moment she is working, i first came accross this machine when i was an apprentice to a local contractors in the late 80's, they'd owned the machine from new and unfortunatley went into receivership just before christmas. Knowing the owner quite well i took it off his hands. Everything works as it should and still has a current LOLA cert. I am hoping when time allows to get the machine shot blasted and repainted, gearbox needs a look at as it keeps jumping out of 3rd. To be honest i have never seen or heard of any more of these machines but would like to know more about the history of them, if anyone can help. The company ran all sorts of plant including JCB 3CII's, International Drotts, and a variety of RB's. Looking around, the yard has hardly changed in 25 years, in fact the owner says it not changed much as lon as he's been alive, a real aladdins cave of vintage small plant and tools.

Usefull then with a current ticket. I'm sure they were based on a dumper derived design so probably the same gear box as used in some of the dumpers. Hopefully one of the Fitters or former Fitters on here will be able to help with details. Somebody posted some photos of a similar machine or a brochure in the past i think on here.

Shame the firm has gone as there are a lot less of the old yards left now with alsorts of Gems in the long grass. They just get cleared out with a lot of the hit heading for the Pot & Chinese widget factory. :( Wish id had a camera years ago when there were several about round here and taken photos of the Kit along with all the open cast sites.

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Post #14 by XS650 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:19 am

Interesting machine Richard, remember lot of dumper makers advertising these in the 1970s but don't think they sold many ,everyone going for the heavier tractor based Manitous / Sambrons / Sandersons etc which importantly could lift a full pallet of bricks high with no stress . Barford must have spent a fortune advertisnig their little forklift in the press but never saw one on site.
Theirs a Liner advert here which shows the dumper version-

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3075&hilit=liner&start=30

Craig
Not all those who wander are lost.

gowy

Post #15 by gowy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Hi richard I didnt think i would ever see on of those again. I rebuilt one of those around 1987 whilst serving my appenticship at Seddons plant and engineers who were the agents for them around that time. If i can be of any help please dont hesitate to contact me

Return to “Dumpers”