Dumper identification

Discuss dumpers here

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Re: Dumper identification

Post #11 by Holger » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:47 pm

Great! Will you get the Service Manual in PDF?
Some resources:
How-To

Topic author
Richard666

Post #12 by Richard666 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:22 pm

Hi

No the manual is a original paper copy.
I can scan it and send it to anyone interested, or up load it to the site?

Richard

Topic author
Richard666

Post #13 by Richard666 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi again

I don't know why, but I have received a private message with a quote of one of my postings here?

Anyway, manual arrived, defiantly my machine.
I then discovered the good engine that came with it rotates the wrong way :doh: , so I am in the process of stripping it down enough to fit the cam shaft from the scrap engine that went the right way, all good fun.......
The only differences in the CW and CCW rotating engine is the cam shaft and the flywheel end crank shaft oil seal, which is a spiral seal.
Will need a new starter motor as well.....

Richard

BulldozerD11

Post #14 by BulldozerD11 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:06 am

XS650 wrote:Thinks its a Stothert and Pitt , could only find this pic on the net of one, but I remember they were advertised quite heavily in the construction press in the 1980's so bet someone on here has a better pic.
Any brave soul tried to do a complete list of British dumper manufacturers ! by 1995 we were down to Barford, Benford, Compair, Liner, Mortimer, Powerfab, Roughneck, Thwaites, Winget, plus a few tiny powerbarrow makers .
phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg

Hi Craig
I had a look in my book on Stothert & Pitt 'crane makers to the world' a company history to see if anything on the dumper models was listed but no pictures of dumpers at all just the odd photo of rollers and concrete mixing plant and lots of giant & smaller cranes !!

Mortimer is a new one to me Craig have you any info or web links to more info or photos?

Some mad person tried to make 'lists' of all makers of plant and the models they built/build :dizzy: - see link below but i dont think i add a 'list of Dumper makers' specifically. :!:

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Post #15 by XS650 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:04 am

Keep up the good work Dave :thumbup:
The MORTIMER dumper range from 1995 Construction News 'What Plant' Guide (these were really usefull free annual publications) Looks the business and extensive model range , but I've never heard or seen of one in use :)
This other thread on Mortimer links them with Stothert and Pitt rollers so i wonder if these are the S&Pdumper designs?
Mortimer Manufacturing Ltd/Stothert & Pitt/ JCB????

00000001.JPG

and strangely enough Agrimanuals are selling a brochure-
01.06a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not all those who wander are lost.

Holger
Site Admin

Post #16 by Holger » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:25 pm

Richard666 wrote:Hi again

I don't know why, but I have received a private message with a quote of one of my postings here?

Hi Richard,

who sent you the PM?

If you want to upload the manual then you are welcome to try to do that in the download-section.
I can help you if it does not work (file to large etc).

Best regards
Holger
Some resources:
How-To

BulldozerD11

Post #17 by BulldozerD11 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:24 pm

XS650 wrote:Keep up the good work Dave :thumbup:
The MORTIMER dumper range from 1995 Construction News 'What Plant' Guide (these were really usefull free annual publications) Looks the business and extensive model range , but I've never heard or seen of one in use :)
This other thread on Mortimer links them with Stothert and Pitt rollers so i wonder if these are the S&P dumper designs?
Mortimer Manufacturing Ltd/Stothert & Pitt/ JCB????

00000001.JPG

and strangely enough Agrimanuals are selling a brochure-
01.06a.jpg

Thanks i remember the start of that roller thread but had missed the dumper image added later. !

Classic plant and machinery are now running a series on small dumpers & have had articles on Merton loaders that we have discussed on here & my site :shifty:
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Topic author
Richard666

Post #18 by Richard666 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:22 pm

Quick update, almost no progress here, work, cold weather, cars repair work and stuff like that has got in the way. but summer is coming, with nice long warm dry evenings ........

I am happy to scan and upload the manual, but what is the position with regards to copy-rite etc?

Richard

Holger
Site Admin

Post #19 by Holger » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:34 pm

We will only upload manuals for very old machinery.
If you are unsure about this then just keep the manual by yourself and maybe you can provide single pages if anyone asks for it.
Some resources:
How-To

grawhite

Post #20 by grawhite » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:55 pm

Hi, I found this forum topic having just bought an unknown dumper, which has a plate on the later fitment ROPS safety frame; Machine.......Stothert & Pitt.......3050KG; This must be the same as that belonging to
Richard666 from 23/3/2010. Mine is complete & up & running; very heavily made, more substantial than the
Benford & Thwaites I have been looking at, though I guess that engine/axles/gearbox etc must all be much the same. Contrary to Richards original post, I believe the engine to be a Lister 'T' series, ? TR3; not an ST,
but would welcome enlightenment!
Richard, if you find this, I would very much like a copy of the service manual you mentioned. Thanks. Graham. White

Return to “Dumpers”