Paint match for Winget/Muir-Hill Javelin Red?

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
Fil
Flag: Great Britain

Paint match for Winget/Muir-Hill Javelin Red?

Post #1 by Fil » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:48 am

Just wondering if anyone has found a decent match for the Javelin Red (at least that's what I think it was called) paint that my Winget 2S would have been before most of it fell off or turned pink?

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Paint match for Winget/Muir-Hill Javelin Red?

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:20 pm

Fil wrote:Just wondering if anyone has found a decent match for the Javelin Red (at least that's what I think it was called) paint that my Winget 2S would have been before most of it fell off or turned pink?

Phil, sometimes the best way is to take a sample to a paint company and get them to mix 'n' match for you. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Fess28

Post #3 by Fess28 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:20 pm

Hi phil , i found carmine red on a website somewhere , which was supposed to be the winget red, as i couldn't find any reference to javelin red.
RAL number 3002. i bought it from Smith and Allen in Darlington they have a good website and postal service, if thats any use for you.
Ian

Topic author
Fil

Post #4 by Fil » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:16 pm

Fess28 wrote:Hi phil , i found carmine red on a website somewhere , which was supposed to be the winget red, as i couldn't find any reference to javelin red.
RAL number 3002. i bought it from Smith and Allen in Darlington they have a good website and postal service, if thats any use for you.
Ian

Perfect, thanks Ian, that's just what I was after :thumbup:

Whilst I'm sure taking a sample of the original paint to get it colour matched would be the best way to get the right colour, the paint on my dumper has either faded to pink or rusted off! Plus I don't think there's anyone who supplies vehicle paint within about 50 miles that could do colour matching.

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #5 by cobbadog » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:14 pm

Whe n it was time to paint our David Brown 30C Cropmaster style tractor no one had the code for Hunting Pink. So as I stripped the tractor down for sand blasting I found some surfgaces that had spent their life together. So I washed, cut back and polished it for paint matching which worked very well. I did the same witha vintage Victa lawnmower. Took the part to a paint shop and went through some paint colour cards and found a very good match. These are options to consider as well.
Cheers Cobba

Return to “Dumpers”